License System Certain number of clients, etc

mfoland

Hello,

Maybe this is a question for someone that works for WHMCS.. but I'm creating a Radio CMS and I want to allow certain licenses to have a certain amount of station websites within the CMS, etc. For example we see on WHMCS https://www.whmcs.com/pricing/ they have Plus Professional, etc. What is interesting is with the license key, you have Leased- etc. How could I say CMSName Monthly Beginner etc and distinguish a certain amount of sub sites, pages, etc within the cms based on the license plan?

I'd love to figure this one out.  Thanks!

I also want to have the license file automatically upgrade to the next product level when they extend over the amount. I actually think I figured out maybe how to do the clients.. I do it right now by product name, and do if they are at max they can't create more. I'd like to figure out how WHMCS auto upgrades you to the next product level.. hmmm

Leave license key as it is. There's no point in stacking information in the key.

Don't forget that the licensing script is a WebService that POST data to your modules/servers/licensing/verify.php. You can make use of this "communication link" to perform additional checks locally with LicensingAddonVerify action hook and eventually return additional information. For example you can return to your remote scripts things like expiration date, link the invoice for renewals, inject news or even ... well I can't say that or people will go crazy 😝

@Kian inject news? LOL!!! That would be fun 🙂 haha. I'll give this a try. I wish WHMCS would be nice and let some of the source be available. Can you DM me? I'd love to see if you can give me some critique maybe and give a tiny bit of assistance! Thank you so much for responding 🙂 I'll give the LicensingAddonVerify hook a check!

3 hours ago, Kian said:

Leave license key as it is. There's no point in stacking information in the key.

Don't forget that the licensing script is a WebService that POST data to your modules/servers/licensing/verify.php. You can make use of this "communication link" to perform additional checks locally with LicensingAddonVerify action hook and eventually return additional information. For example you can return to your remote scripts things like expiration date, link the invoice for renewals, inject news or even ... well I can't say that or people will go crazy 😝

We will generate a tornado warning or something LOL