Using 3rd Party KB

jacksony

We do the same on one of our installs, and it's a matter of edits to the menu system via hooks, mostly. When setting it up, we loaded the pages as they are now and looked for all references to these, and worked our way through the templates to see where they were referenced. Don't forget the email templates, since some have a footer with a helpdesk link in them. Here's the KB one we use (change the obvious in the URL part):

<?php

use WHMCS\View\Menu\Item as MenuItem;

add_hook('ClientAreaPrimaryNavbar', 1, function (MenuItem $primaryNavbar)
{
	$newURL = 'https://mydomain.com/desk/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List';
	if (!is_null($primaryNavbar->getChild('Knowledgebase'))) {
		$primaryNavbar->getChild('Knowledgebase')
			->setURI($newURL);
	}
	if (!is_null($primaryNavbar->getChild('Support'))) {
		$primaryNavbar->getChild('Support')
			->getChild('Knowledgebase')
			->setURI($newURL);
	}
});

add_hook('ClientAreaSecondarySidebar', 1, function (MenuItem $secondarySidebar)
{
	$newURL = 'https://mydomain.com/desk/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List';
	if (!is_null($secondarySidebar->getChild('Support'))) {
		$secondarySidebar->getChild('Support')
			->getChild('Knowledgebase')
			->setURI($newURL);
	}
});

We also created a Kayako database user with read only perms, and wrote a widget that will call that db and show ticket counts within the WHMCS admin dashboard. Didn't do that for customers, though.

Thanks bear,

I tested. It works like a charm! Now we are lessening the integration, as we reported to Kayako about KB integration issue, but until 2 weeks, there is no assistance from them. So we have to take it completely off the integration.

Unfortunately, ticket count in customer whmcs is always zero, as their integration does not integrate that.

Here's a thread from a while back, in which Sparky had created/shared a script with me that was working in v5. It would likely need updating to work in the new WHMCS versions. The code wasn't shared there, but I have a copy of it here, I believe. Since it was mostly his work/effort, I can't share it unless he says it's ok, or maybe he'd still have that and be willing himself. 

Edited by bear
spell check