templates/six/css/custom.css is not updating

I've been trying to change some colors of the six template to affect the client area. When I inspect in Chrome and use the sources tab to update the custom.css file, the visual changes appear, so I know that my css is correct, but when I update the file via FTP, the changes do not appear.
Once again, inspecting with Chrome after my changes, I checked the linked file in the head, and it has the right location, but when I view the file (in the head) the changes are not appearing, it is an old version of custom.css.
When I go into templates/six/css/ and download custom.css from my site after I make changes, The changes are there.
On top of this, this method actually worked ONCE.
I changed the navbar color with this method, and when I went to add more css, this method stopped working.

Why would this happen?

I have already tried making a separate template, using a one word lowercase name, but it doesn't give me the option to change my template to something other than six.
I also tried clearing my template cache, which also made no noticeable changes.

12 hours ago, Wintergreen said:

Why would this happen?

is CloudFlare a possible issue here - i've seen posts recently where CF is caching the old site and not showing code updates.

On 06/01/2019 at 22:49, Wintergreen said:

I don't believe cloudflare is an issue. I'm not using it. I've checked my hosting account and there is no trace of cloudflare that I can find.

is this your site... ?

22pBzPX.png

if so, all i'm seeing in your /pages/hosting/templates/six/css/custom.css file is..

/* *****************************************************

** Custom Stylesheet **

Any custom styling you want to apply should be
    defined here.

***************************************************** */

.navbar-main {
    background-color: #3F8A55;
}

any chance that you're editing the wrong file via FTP? or uploads to this file are failing or not overwriting the file ?? other than that, I can't see any reason why you can't update...

On 1/3/2019 at 4:39 PM, Wintergreen said:

On top of this, this method actually worked ONCE.
I changed the navbar color with this method, and when I went to add more css, this method stopped working.

Yes, that is my site.

I am editing templates/six/css/.custom.css.
I've even tried deleting the file altogether, and nothing is changing. 
Just a few minutes ago, I completely deleted the templates folder via FTP, and nothing changed.
I'm about to just uninstall and reinstall WHMCS because I can't find any solutions.

On 13/01/2019 at 20:49, Wintergreen said:

So I uninstalled and reinstalled WHMCS and everything seems to be working as expected now. I'm not sure what happened before. Thanks for the help.

no worries - that's the helpdesk equivalent of telling you to turn it off and on again... it often resolves some problems! 🙂