Invalid Argument Exception

Hi all,

i have noticed over the last few days i am getting this in my activity log in the admin panel.

Everything seems to be working however this appears every now and again.

=====

Exception: InvalidArgumentException: Query string must not include a URI fragment in /home/danumhos/public_html/vendor/zendframework/zend-diactoros/src/Uri.php:386 Stack trace: #0 /home/danumhos/public_html/vendor/zendframework/zend-diactoros/src/ServerRequestFactory.php(280): Zend\Diactoros\Uri->withQuery('language=portug...') #1 /home/danumhos/public_html/vendor/zendframework/zend-diactoros/src/ServerRequestFactory.php(66): Zend\Diactoros\ServerRequestFactory::marshalUriFromServer(Array, Array) #2 /home/danumhos/public_html/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Http/Message/ServerRequest.php(0): Zend\Diactoros\ServerRequestFactory::fromGlobals(Array, NULL, NULL, NULL, Array) #3 /home/danumhos/public_html/index.php(0): WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest::fromGlobals() #4 {main}

=====

Has anyone had this issue before and know how i could fix it?

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II

Hi @Mark Coates

These entries in the logs indicate that a non-existent knowlegebase or announcement page is being accessed. This could either by a web-spider or a automated bot.

It is not a cause for concern, but you may wish to review your website links to ensure that there are no dead links.

• 1 year later...

As SamP said, the warnings are triggered by bots/visitors browsing dead links. To avoid such problems you should force a redirect to another page (e.g. home page) as soon as you detect that they're requesting a dead link. Alternatively you can also run a brutal die(); but in this case you're going to lose a potential visitor that could be interest in your products.

Edited by Kian

• 4 months later...

I also got this error and would be grateful for more details on the fix:

To avoid such problems you should force a redirect to another page (e.g. home page) as soon as you detect that they're requesting a dead link.

How and where to put the redirect - do you mean e.g. a 301 htaccess redirect?  Kindly provide the specifics.  Thanks

• 4 months later...

I first encountered this error myself after an update.. i could get into my admin area, and that's where i noticed this in the activity log widget:  "WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest::fromGlobals() #4 {main}" immediately upon discovery i tried to navigate to check possible addons for the issue, and running version 8.0.2 i tried to go to my general settings page, and caught the error myself. Since i caught it in the admin side of things i decided to give it a whirl on the client area... i tried the knowledge base link, and then i got a 404 error.  and thats when i realized that my issue was with friendly URLS... and this was just a side effect.

Check your .htaccess file! if your .htaccess is missing from your whmcs root directory it could very well cause this error.  .htaccess files word recursively in linux, and what this means for anyone who doesn't know much about linux, is that if there is a .htaccess file in your root its rules apply to your ENTIRE site.  and it would effect both the admin area and the client area of the site.