hook to insert a new service in basket...

Remitur

I was looking for a way to manage the "local presence" service sometimes needed for registration of few ccTLD.

A way could be as follow:

- the user order a .de domain

- in the .de domain registration, I create a "local presence needed" special field

- if the user check the "local field needed", when the registration order is inserted into the basket, then another service ("local presence for .de domain" is automatically inserted in the same basket

So, it would be needed an hook which, under certain conditions, automatically insert a new service item in the existing basket.

This hook may be useful also under other conditions:

- whenever the user order the transfer of a domain, you can insert in the basket a free hosting service

- whenever the user order a specified hosting service, you can add another (free o paid) service (i.e. a SSL certificate)

- if you have a hosting service which is a bundle of different services, you can manage it so instead of using the sometimes confusing "bundle" feature of WHMCS

So, before going on writing code, finding stupid wasting time to re-invent a way to warm the water... anyone yet wrote such a kind of hook? 😉

as an aside, local presence is not needed for .de domains, just a German contact...

https://help.opensrs.com/hc/en-us/articles/204191553

Local presence is no longer required to register a .DE domain as of May, 2018. .DE domains can be registered from any owner country.

If the registrant is not located in Germany, they must be able to provide an authorized contact, located in Germany, who can receive official or court documents on their behalf. This must be provided to the registry within two weeks upon request.

.. though would still be valid for other ccTLDs.

1 hour ago, Remitur said:

So, before going on writing code, finding stupid wasting time to re-invent a way to warm the water... anyone yet wrote such a kind of hook?

I can't recall any previous threads asking for this - perhaps when you write it, you will share it with others to ensure nobody else has to reinvent the wheel!

• 10 months later...