Set template without control panel

I've just done an update from 5.3.x to latest and now cannot access the control panel (I get a white page). I want to rule out the template as an issue but I don't know how to set the template if I don't have access to the control panel. Can someone tell me how to do that?

9 hours ago, Rae said:

I've just done an update from 5.3.x to latest and now cannot access the control panel (I get a white page).

https://docs.whmcs.com/Blank_or_Partially_Rendered_Pages

there is a description of how to enable error reporting via the configuration file if you can't access the admin area.

9 hours ago, Rae said:

I want to rule out the template as an issue but I don't know how to set the template if I don't have access to the control panel.

if it's a v5 admin template, then i'd be surprised if it isn't the issue - you're probably looking at the best part of 5 years between the two releases.

9 hours ago, Rae said:

Can someone tell me how to do that?

the nuclear option if you can't get access to the admin area, would be to edit the tbladmins database table as that stores the admin template choice for each admin.

sRZxAGj.png

switching to any of the latest versions of v4 or Blend templates should work - though it's highly probable that other v5 modules could be causing this, e.g old v5 widgets, v5 addons no longer compatible with v7.... but once you can see any error that its giving you, you should be able to start tracking down potential causes.

Thanks, Brian.

Okay, it looks like the Blend template was already set so that doesn't look like it is the problem. Must be the default template.

I did turn on the display_errors too but that only provides a blank white page (no source). When I remove the display_errors I can get the login page but once I log in I get the blank white page (no source).

The page that you recommended, I had already walked through that yesterday but nothing there gave any indication of a problem that I could see. I do have a couple old modules that might be an issue though. Can I just remove the files for those or are they tied in the database?

• WHMCS Staff

Hi there,

If you are receiving a blank page in the Admin area after upgrade, this does indeed indicate that the template is no longer compatible.

You can update the template for all of your admins quickly by running the following SQL query. Bare in mind that we recommend taking a database backup before performing any manual database query, regardless of how basic it may be.

UPDATE tbladmins SET `template` = 'blend';

This will update all admins in tbladmins to the blend theme with immediate effect.

If you are still receiving a white page after this, it may be that a stray admin dashboard widget was left on your system. Check ~/modules/widgets/ for a file called "system_overview.php". If this is there, go ahead and remove it.

If this does not resolve it, also ensure you have no files in /lang or /admin/lang with "update" in the filename. This can also cause this.

I hope this helps!