Sort by date and get latest

38 minutes ago, DennisMidjord said:

Nevermind, I figured it out. Results were returned as an object, so I had to to $invoiceid->invoiceid to show only the id of the invoice.

not that it matters now, but if you just want one particular value from a row, you can use value instead of first (which gives you the entire row)...

$invoiceid = Capsule::table('tblinvoiceitems')->where('relid','xxxx')->orderBy('duedate','desc')->value('invoiceid'); 

also, it might be more useful to add some more conditions to the query, e.g the same relid value might be used for domains and products, so you may need to specify the type in the query to ensure that you are identifying the correct invoice...

ZsEM9gh.png

$invoiceid = Capsule::table('tblinvoiceitems')->where('relid','xxxx')->where('type','Hosting')->orderBy('duedate','desc')->value('invoiceid'); 

37 minutes ago, brian! said:

you can use value instead of first

Really? When I was messing with it, I did use value and it gave me the correct value from invoiceid, but I was just afraid that it wouldn't always work as intended. I only need the fvery first, and I thought that 'first' was the only way to achieve this.

Thanks for the advise! We're only using this for game hosting, so there's really only type of product, but I'll update it anyways just to be sure.