Buyer Beware with MarketConnect

Lucmia

Thought WHMCS was pretty amazing when I first found out about it.  Dove right in.  Assumed that MarketConnect would be a great option considering how easily it integrated and considering it was by WHMCS on WHMCS platform.  Learned the hard way after 2 $100 SSL's were not installed and setup on my behalf as is part of the claim they make when purchasing from them.  They were never installed or setup, but showed as active in my account.  6 months pass and it was never mentioned by anyone at anytime until I learned of the issue by seeing the autossl running on these accounts.  Confirmed that they were indeed covered by AutoSSL and not the purchased SSL's.  Dug in and found out there were never properly configured and the customers year of service paid for in advance was half over.  Support basically send a chain of emails (sometimes days in between) placing blame on me and eventually offering a $10 credit towards the 2 $100 SSL's that lost 6 months of their life being unused.  I made it very clear that setup and installation was part of the service that MarketConnect claims is provided when an SSL is purchased using their platform.  But, not at all the case.  Every possible excuse as to how it wasn't their fault, but mine.  And I kept coming back to the idea, that should someone have attempted to do their job, but was unable to for whatever reason, that the job should have been marked as incomplete and/or communication being made to the customer to inform them of why.  NEVER DONE.  In fact, as far as I was concerned.  They did what they were paid to do and the purchases showed as ACTIVE in dashboard.  The constant blame placing and $10 credit were just insulting slaps in the face, with the end result being that you can expect as little as possible from them (in terms of support and money) in any situation you may have.  Some of the worst CS I been involved with in quite some time.  Not recommended!

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @Lucmia,

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience using WHMCS MarketConnect, both here and in our discussion in your support ticket. I hope that in the ticket I was able to clearly explain the chain of events which lead to your certificates not auto-installing, so this can be avoided in future. I understand that you'd like more notifications around the auto-installation routine, and that is something we will take into consideration for the future.

I've also created some new support articles to cover another point you raised. We are always open to suggestions on how we can make all aspects of our product more intuitive, and enhance our documentation.

Thanks for your help!