Business hosted email configuration problem

Egoruk

My hosting who Im getting my WHMCS from is not being helpful at all. Been weeks and the hosted email for my clients still does not have Configuration tab (please see the screenshot attached) They keep telling me it is all set up and I need to add/change MX and CNAME records. I've done it all but no results. Still, no way for a client to configure their email box.

When I go to Clients -->Products/Services tab in my WHMCS dashboard it shows/has no server under the business email product (see another screenshot attached).

Can somebody PLEASE help me out how to make the hosted email work? 

2018-09-26_00-38-00.jpg

2018-10-08_14-28-54.jpg

Hi, 

Thank for replying. As I said the WHMCS was provided (not free of course) by my hosting company and I thought the business mail is included with my WHMCS. I'm not sure if they install a module or provided it any other way. Where can I look it up? I see BUsiness Mail Box under Products/Services, BUt I don't see it under Product Addons.

Thank you.

17 hours ago, Egoruk said:

Where can I look it up?

if you look under products/services, find this "Business Mail Box" product in the list, click the edit button, go to the "Modules Settings" tab and see what the value is in the "Module Name" dropdown - that should tell you which module it's using.

I have no module there. But my arrogant support keeps telling me that my business email does not use any module. Here the quote: "...NO BUSINESS emails ON WHMCS OR MODULE. YOU HAVE TO CONFIGURE MANUALLY." And they keep telling me it's MX records in cPanel what makes the Business email work which are already added as per their instructions.  Please see screenshots. But when my customer logs in to their account and goes to the Business email tab there is no way to configure mailbox or set up the email address. And my arrogant support keeps telling me to configure in cPanel:  "... It has to configured via Cpanel not WHMCS..."  

As far as I know, the hosted email always has a separate access from the client's account area! Not from cPanel. I don't know about any hosted email settings or access in cPanel. I know you set up regular emails in cPanel but those are not hosted. And could be unlimited, But the hosted is a paid email box and paid per box/address.

Can you please advise on what's gong on?

Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 11.50.04 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 11.50.31 AM.jpg

On 10/10/2018 at 19:02, Egoruk said:

Can you please advise on what's gong on?

hostedemail.com is used by OpenSRS for their white-label email service - so your host must be a reseller for OpenSRS.

most of their documentation is aimed at their resellers, but maybe some information in one of them might be the missing link with what your hosting support is telling you.

https://opensrs.com/resources/documentation/#email

OpenSRS did write their own Email module for WHMCS, but I don't think it's been updated in a couple of years and is irrelevant to this conversation if your host isn't using it...

https://help.opensrs.com/hc/en-us/articles/215507028-Install-and-use-the-OpenSRS-WHMCS-Email-Module

it's not really a WHMCS issue if you aren't using the module (which I don't think you could anyway unless you had your own OpenSRS reseller account) and needing to create the mailboxes via cPanel.

I don't believe that OpenSRS provide end-user support (otherwise what's the point of making it white-label lol), but there'd be no harm in trying to contact them if you're getting nowhere with hosting support.

hopefully, another OpenSRS Email reseller who sees this thread might be able to help you with this.

Thank you so much, Brian! looks like this is not something I would want to use for my hosting customers. it don't want them to hang there like myself without any support and documentation on how to create their mailboxes. It also could be pretty techy for ordinary not techy hosting users to create email accounts via cPanel and deal with all the MX records thing. I, myself don't even see anything in cpanel in regards of creating even a single hosted mailbox. Just the regular cpanel email accounts. 

What is the alternative way to sell business email with WHMCS, please, without dealing with that OpenSRS so the hosting users can just create mailboxes in their client area in a nice and user friendly way?

On 13/10/2018 at 16:08, Egoruk said:

I, myself don't even see anything in cpanel in regards of creating even a single hosted mailbox. Just the regular cpanel email accounts. 

that's because hosted email accounts are usually obtained from, and hosted by, third-party suppliers, e.g Google, Microsoft, Rackspace, Zoho, your registrar etc and are outside of cPanel and your hosted domain.

as you already know, the cPanel hosting accounts that you sell to your customers, will likely come with x number of available POP3/IMAP mailboxes - often limited in storage size... and users should be able to create these mailboxes in cPanel, or in more recent WHMCS versions, via the client area of WHMCS.

sCpbfG5.png

cPanel will be setup to use these mailboxes by default - however, if you want to offer third-party mailboxes, and allow the user to continue to use their own domain for these mailboxes, then some MX record manipulation of the domain may be required.

to offer a simple method in the client area (or cart) for your clients to order/manage them, would likely require a addon WHMCS module... there would be a few in Marketplace for G Suite (Google), Microsoft etc... and also some for Email services from various domain registrars (eNom and Resellerclub/Logicboxes spring to mind)... you might need to choose an email reseller and see if a module is available... or check out the available modules, and then choose the matching reseller. 🙂