I accidentally deleted an order that was linked to a domain I wanted to keep :(

The other night, I was doing more testing on my WHMCS order flow (I created a test client, and a couple promotion codes that set the prices to zero), and I registered a domain name

I use enom.com as my registrar (i got a free account with my reseller hosting package). 

The domain name I registered was actually a domain name I was planning on keeping and putting up a website on, but I accidentally deleted the order (thinking it was one of the other test orders).. 

The domain name still shows as registered to my enom.com account, but there is no hosting or anything associated with it anymore, how do I link it back up with my WHMCS (or is that possible?)

Here are some screenshots of my enom.com and where I terminated the account in WHMCS..

Screenshot_20181005_125453.png

Screenshot_20181005_125511.png

Screenshot_20181005_125618.png

Hi Jessie,

On 05/10/2018 at 20:57, Jessie Abernathy said:

The other night, I was doing more testing on my WHMCS order flow (I created a test client, and a couple promotion codes that set the prices to zero), and I registered a domain name

if you have a test client, and you always want their product prices to be zero (e.g for testing), then you could assign them to a client group and give the group a 100% discount - that would apply to all products , and if you wanted to do the same for domains, then you could setup a pricing slab for each TLD you want to test with.

On 05/10/2018 at 20:57, Jessie Abernathy said:

The domain name I registered was actually a domain name I was planning on keeping and putting up a website on, but I accidentally deleted the order (thinking it was one of the other test orders).. 

The domain name still shows as registered to my enom.com account, but there is no hosting or anything associated with it anymore, how do I link it back up with my WHMCS (or is that possible?)

follow the domain manual entry process from the documentation...

To add a domain on it's own without a product, follow the steps below:

• If you haven't already, create the client by navigating to Go to Clients > Add New Client.
  • On the client summary page, click the "Add New Order" link in the Actions panel
  • The client will be preselected, so you should fill out the rest of the form - begin by choosing the payment gateway you want the client to pay with
  • Leave the Product/Service dropdown menu set at None
  • Leave the Billing Cycle dropdown menu set at Monthly
  • Enter the domain in the Domain text field and select Register as the Domain Registration Option (even though you aren't intending to register it today)
  • Choose the number of years you next want the client to be invoiced for at the time of renewal and tick any addons the user has for their domain
  • Ensure both tick boxes for sending an order confirmation and generating an invoice are unchecked so the user is not emailed about the order you are adding
  • Finally, set the Order Status dropdown to Active and then click the submit button to add the order to WHMCS
  • You will now been shown the order screen summarising the details of the order you just added
  • Now as the final step, you must go to the domain's information page to enter the correct next due and expiry dates as well as selecting the registrar the domain is registered with if using one of the built in registrars. To do this, from the order screen, click on the link in the Item column of the items ordered - this will take you straight to the details screen.

You have now finished adding your client. By following the steps above, your client will have not been notified that you've added them and will now be invoiced by WHMCS prior to the next due date for the items you have added to their account.

if you need to add hosting to it, you could always do that in the future as per usual.

personally, I've never added our own domains to WHMCS (as we aren't going to invoice ourselves!), but there's nothing wrong if you want to manage all your domains via one interface.

17 hours ago, Jessie Abernathy said:

How do I add hosting to the domain after I manually added the order for the domain name?

you would make an admin order for the hosting similar to how you added the domain - except you just add the hosting product without the domain registration option, and enter the domain manually into the domain field... alternatively, you could log into the client area and order as a client would (using existing domain option), but doing it as an admin is usually easier.