.bd domain search option add

dewdropz

@dewdropz It seems that the .bd domain does not have an official whois server that can be queried which means it wouldn't be possible to build it in via the WHOIS Servers, you could potentially add a link to the website so clients can check you could then add the .bd domain into your list of TLD prices and set it to manually register so you can check it manually before you register it.

13 hours ago, dewdropz said:

i want to add .bd domain search option my whmcs like this http://bdia.btcl.com.bd/domain/domainQueryForBuy/searchDomain.jsp  . how i can do that anyone can give idea?

what Chris says isn't strictly true, but I think on a practical level in this instance, he's not a million miles away. 🙂

ideally, you need one of three things...

1. a public Port 43 whois lookup option - this is the most common whois solution used in WHMCS, but I would agree with Chris that i'm not aware of a working P43 whois server for .bd either.
  2. a web-based whois form - if you could find one that didn't use any TLD dropdowns, or Captcha, then WHMCS might be able to interpret the result via the settings in the whois.json file... I have previously asked WHMCS if they had any plans to allow us to use web forms that had dropdowns, but they had no plans to introduce it.
  3. you could pass the search term to a script that then passes it in a modified way to a whois server, e.g via a web form and returns the result.... however, it's fraught with difficulties and i'd only suggest it as a last resort and if the first two solutions aren't available.

I personally don't like the idea of linking to a third-party site for the client to do a whois lookup themselves... that has the potential to lose the customer to the third-party.

you could try emailing the correct person @ btcl.com.bd (possibly the technical contact listed at IANA) to see if there is a way to access whois - at the very least, if their whois lookup form didn't have a dropdown, then it might work in WHMCS.