Setting affiliate for cpanel imported accounts

Hello

I have imported a bunch of clients to WHMCSfrom my WHM/cPanel setup, some of these needs to be linked to an affiliate to automate the calculation. (Some of the clients are "affiliate" but was created before we moved to WHMCS, the deal is that the affiliate bonus are recurring)

I have found out that you can add an affiliate to orders places by the documentation, but I am unable to figure out how to generate an order on the existing product to be able to assign an affiliate account.

Best regards Benjamin Karlog

• 3 weeks later...
  • WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @Karlog-IT,

Imported accounts won't have an order, because they weren't originally ordered via WHMCS.

What you could do is place an order manually (via Orders > Add New Order) and untick the Generate Invoice and Send EMail checkboxes.

Copy across all the details from the imported service into the newly created service.

Then delete the imported service using the red "Delete" link at the bottom of the client's Products/Services tab.

This way, the hosting account will remain active on your server, WHMCS can manage it via the newly ordered service, and there will be an order for you to assign to the affiliate.