Set payment gateway for configurable option.

I have a product set up, for that product I can limit the available payment gateways by editing the product group that the it belongs to.

I have a configurable option set up which is available for that product.  When this configurable option is purchased by a customer who already subscribes to the product all the payment gateways I have set up are available as options.  

I'd like to be able to limit the available payment gateways when the configurable option is purchased just like I can with the product itself.

Is this possible?

Hi @Abernee,

On 12/09/2018 at 14:00, Abernee said:

I have a configurable option set up which is available for that product.  When this configurable option is purchased by a customer who already subscribes to the product all the payment gateways I have set up are available as options.

so in other words, the client is upgrading configurable options...

10cvqJh.png

On 12/09/2018 at 14:00, Abernee said:

I'd like to be able to limit the available payment gateways when the configurable option is purchased just like I can with the product itself.

Is this possible?

yes it is - either by modifying the template, or preferably by using a ClientAreaPageUpgrade action hook.

effectively, all you're doing is manipulating the values in the gateway dropdown based upon whether a specific configurable option has been upgraded/ordered.

0JpbG2d.png

now, it could theoretically get very complicated if you wanted multiple configurable options each require specific gateways (e.g priorities and conflicts etc), but if all you want you want to do if specify one gateway, e.g PayPal, when a certain configurable option has been ordered during a product/service upgrade, then that will be possible.