domain renewal is not honoring the recurring price setting

Hi guys, anyone noticed the following...i have different price on some domains (depending the registrar) for some clients, for example the Recurring price for a domain for a client is 18 while the same extension default price (set in the domains pricing) is 11. But then this client go to his client area and click the Renew domain button is picking up the default price ($11) instead the one i have set for this domain/client ($18). Is this a bug? Thanx!

10 minutes ago, plusplushosting said:

But then this client go to his client area and click the Renew domain button is picking up the default price ($11) instead the one i have set for this domain/client ($18). Is this a bug?

using the WHMCS definition of a "bug", no it isn't... it's doing what the feature was designed to do..

if you are offering renewals at different prices, then the simplest solution might be to just disable renewals in the client area and let them renew the domains upon invoice at due time... other than that, and assuming you can't use pricing slabs, then you're going to have to develop a custom solution.

• 2 weeks later...

I worked out why this is.

It's to stop people with free domains (when purchasing hosting) getting free renewals.

If WHMCS didn't use the default pricing when customers click the "renew" button, they would be billed 0.00 (the recurring price) so could do this over and over, then cancel their hosting and you just lost a load of money :s