Unable to send email through WHMCS

I had sent a few emails to a few clients through the client section in the admin area, and all worked as expected.  Tonight when I went to send a new email to a client, I get a 500 server error page and no entries are made in the email history to the client. 

Utilities > System > Activity Log does not show any error messages.  The last message printed in the log was where I turned on the debug logger. 

Any ideas? 

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @Isaac Asher,

A 500 Internal Server Error is a generic error message produced by the server due to a misconfiguration. There are potentially a wider number of causes for such a problem, here is a brief overview of them and potential fixes:

* File Permissions are incorrectly set.  Should be (depending on server but general rule of thumb) 644 for files and 755 for folders/directories.
* An error in one of the PHP Files - Try enabling the display errors options described at http://docs.whmcs.com/Blank_Pages
* PHP Memory & Process limitations - Try increasing to 128MB
* PHP Process Limitations - Check with server admin/hosting provider
* Corrupt PHP Modules, Extensions, Builds - Check with server admin/hosting provider
* The obscure - If points 1-5 don't produce a fix typically the best course of action is to check the Apache Error Logs