Domain Lookup Not working

I have configured two Domain Registrars: ResellerClub and NameCheap. I whitelisted my IP address on bother Registrars and inputted the API Keys as specified

On WHMCS ( Version: 7.4.2 ) > Setup > Product/Services > Domain Pricing. I defined the Lookup Provider to be ResellerClub because NameCheap was not listed as an option.

- I imported existing client domains, and that worked fine thus far.

However, on the main client WHMCS lookup page (Register Domain) nothing shows, it doesn't even verify if the domain is available. I tried various settings (in Setup > Product/Services > Domain Pricing) such as autoregistration. Nothing seems to change the results. When searching it begins with Searching....but the results are completely empty. Any assistance would be appreciated.

image.thumb.png.c81498a97773ff4f29332219872558ba.pngimage.thumb.png.819f93b7e097877181688dc3ce176676.png

2 minutes ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

Also try with the out of the box Standard Cart & Six Theme

they're using both of them -- though whether they've been altered is not immediately obvious.

however, ordering a domain works fine with the "Modern" orderform template... and one obvious difference between Modern & Standard_cart in your installation is that SC is using WHMCS captcha, and Modern isn't... therefore, in addition to what Chris suggests, i'd recommend disabling captcha for now in setup -> general settings -> security and see if domains can then be ordered using standard_cart.

if so, then there may be an issue with WHMCS captcha and you could try Google Recaptcha instead.

I tried those various options and nothing is changed. However, I can view the resulting responses in network diagnostics (Firefox). The Diagnostics shows that the results show as expected, domain search was completed, the domain is available. Also suggestions were sent as well! The page simply isn't showing them. This is not a custom page, it is the default installed page from the standard WHMCS install, should I create a custom page in order to process these results? I really kind of expected the page to already be written to display this data.

image.png.38a86411418b46d6e3b09e4cdfeaaf49.png

image.thumb.png.6b1162b544bfe2e83d334f1c9b0f4290.png

23 hours ago, Akutra said:

should I create a custom page in order to process these results? I really kind of expected the page to already be written to display this data.

you definitely shouldn't need to create a custom page - it should be working....

I would try one of two things (possibly both)..

1. in domain pricing, switch to using Standard Whois instead of a lookup provider - then do a domain search in the client area and see if it works... that might as least tell you whether it's a issue with the lookup provider.
  2. i'd suggest a full manual FTP upload (except perhaps the install directory) using the full v7.4.2 download zip... it's possible there are missing/corrupt files and re-uploading may fix that.

in domain pricing, switch to using Standard Whois instead of a lookup provider - then do a domain search in the client area and see if it works... that might as least tell you whether it's a issue with the lookup provider.

Yes, I've tried all of the Whois providers and that does not change anything. It still searches, and I can verify that the RESULTS are PROPERLY returned by the whois provider!

i'd suggest a full manual FTP upload (except perhaps the install directory) using the full v7.4.2 download zip... it's possible there are missing/corrupt files and re-uploading may fix that.

It is actually a pretty fresh FTP install. Initially, it wouldn't connect to the database even though I carefully and correctly setup the database, the ISP corrected something and solved the issues. Basically, I've never been able to get it to begin primarily due to this issue! I wouldn't want to send people to my hosting site with this issue.

That being said, I think I will try to empty the directory and re-upload it. Hopefully it doesn't go through the same mess with the ISP as last time. The ISP is actually who installed it last time.

• 1 year later...