Need a developer to intergate product descriptions into invoices

26 minutes ago, WEB Frigate said:

There is already a module for this on marketplace and it is completely free

though the Marketplace rules do say that free downloads should have a direct link to the file, only commercial addon purchases should be passed to the cart.... to get your free product, users will have to register with your website. naughty.gif

What should I provide in the Download/Purchase URL?

For free listings, this should be a direct link to download your app. For commercial listings, it should be a direct link to the checkout process for the required product. We do not allow linking to further informational pages.

Yes they do have to register an account, which just for the record does not cost a dime. As for the rules, they say that it "Should be" not "has to be" so I always thought of that as recommendation not a law. I know it is playing with words, but all we are doing is just verifying where it goes. It is simply easier for us to manage our intellectual property this way, and harmless for the end user. And since the product was verified by marketplace team and they found no issue with that then it seems like I was right about that point. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the module would not be available on the marketplace if it would break any of the rules.

2 hours ago, WEB Frigate said:

Yes they do have to register an account, which just for the record does not cost a dime.

but my argument is that they shouldn't have to register... lots of other developers (including WHMCS themselves!) happily provide direct links as they're supposed to, so what makes you special?

As for the rules, they say that it "Should be" not "has to be" so I always thought of that as recommendation not a law.

there was a previous thread about this, replied to by one of the WHMCS guys (that I can't currently find), but i'm pretty sure that it was considered stronger than a recommendation...

I know it is playing with words

nothing wrong with a bit of pedantry. :)

all we are doing is just verifying where it goes.

but you're not really... I just downloaded the addon using a fake name, fake email address and a VPN - so you have no idea where it's gone. 9_9

KedfHzr.png

It is simply easier for us to manage our intellectual property this way, and harmless for the end user.

harm is in the eye of the beholder... personally, I wouldn't download a free product where I had to register with a website first (it would have to be one hell of an addon to bend that rule)... but that's my choice - others can make up their own minds.

And since the product was verified by marketplace team and they found no issue with that then it seems like I was right about that point.

the product wasn't verified by marketplace - only the listing was...

We review and approve all new listings in the WHMCS Marketplace to ensure that add-on information is as complete as possible. However, we do not monitor, review or provide any assurances about the quality of code contained within any add-ons or extensions. If you find dangerous or malicious code posted here, please report it to us.

... though there's nothing to say it was a thorough verification.... it wouldn't be the first time WHMCS have set rules, and then not bothered to apply them correctly... i've seen that occur more times than worth counting. :idea:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the module would not be available on the marketplace if it would break any of the rules.

that's just innocent naivety... products can be in Marketplace for months/years with links that don't work, so the idea that the marketconnect team are always on top of things, really is optimistic...

however, even if i'm wrong and the rule is just a recommendation, I won't be linking to your marketplace listing in other threads should it be applicable.

Web Frigate,

Do you have a direct download link?

Your site doesn't let me register therefore cannot download.  This is what I get with several browsers at the checkout/registration page:

Oops!

Something went wrong and we couldn't process your request.

Please go back to the previous page and try again.

Please check now. Our protection system was a bit over restrictive as we have found out and simply blocked access to some of our customers. We have toned it a bit and now it should cause no further problems. If you need help you can also always place a support ticket on our site to get faster reply as I am checking the WHMCS community only once in a while.

• 2 years later...
On 7/10/2018 at 6:23 AM, WEB Frigate said:

Please check now. Our protection system was a bit over restrictive as we have found out and simply blocked access to some of our customers. We have toned it a bit and now it should cause no further problems. If you need help you can also always place a support ticket on our site to get faster reply as I am checking the WHMCS community only once in a while.

I attempt to download your product https://marketplace.whmcs.com/product/4243 and the form does not work. After I fill out all the information the terms checkbox is still greyed out and will not let me continue.

• 9 months later...