incorrect domain search result when search domains having tlds that are not offered by us

When we search a domain name having tlds we do not offer- like www.ramrashsan.ae in whmcs -https://clients.hostsailor.com/cart.php?a=add&domain=register, (.ae tld we do not offer), the result is showing www.com is unavailable as in the screenshot attached below. Here why its showing 'www.com' instead of 'ramrashsan.ae' . please provide a solution.

Also If I search in proper format like rahul.ae (omiting www ) for example, then search result comes rahul.com is unavailable. Also when I searched ramrashsan.ae, results-ramrashsan.ae is unavailable and Congratulations! ramrashsan.com is available! come. I have attached screenshots herewith. please check it and provide us a solution

wgen enquired whmcs they told 

"

This functionality is by design. As WHMCS does not have the TLD .ae enabled, WHMCS will still perform "suggestions" lookups with TLDs available in WHMCS.

This is why you receive the ".com is available!" message only when a TLD that doesn't match in WHMCS has been requested.

If you feel this should be changed, I would recommend submitting a feature request at https://requests.whmcs.com so that others can vote on and contribute towards your idea. These requests are reviewed regularly and sometimes considered for future release"

So I post here.

Hello,

If WHMCS team told you that this is by design then this will not be "fixed", although it is a bit weird to be honest. They might implement this in the future so that if given TLD is not offered in the system you will get appropriate message AND suggested available TLD's below. I think it would work much better this way. Still if it is something that you need right now that our team could develop such improvement for you. If you are interested you can contact us from Here

Although I believe it would be best to ask WHMCS team if they consider adding something like that as it feels like something that should be there in the first place. But that is just my opinion.

On 6/20/2018 at 12:58, rahulkg said:

When we search a domain name having tlds we do not offer- like www.ramrashsan.ae in whmcs -https://clients.hostsailor.com/cart.php?a=add&domain=register, (.ae tld we do not offer), the result is showing www.com is unavailable as in the screenshot attached below. Here why its showing 'www.com' instead of 'ramrashsan.ae' . please provide a solution.

Also If I search in proper format like rahul.ae (omitting www ) for example, then search result comes rahul.com is unavailable. Also when I searched ramrashsan.ae, results-ramrashsan.ae is unavailable and Congratulations! ramrashsan.com is available! come. I have attached screenshots herewith. please check it and provide us a solution

it's not a bug - so what do you want to do when someone searches for a TLD that you don't sell ? tell them that you don't sell that TLD... or offer them alternatives ?? :?:

If you feel this should be changed, I would recommend submitting a feature request at https://requests.whmcs.com so that others can vote on and contribute towards your idea. These requests are reviewed regularly and sometimes considered for future release"

which will mean a feature request with one vote, that hardly anyone else will vote for (or probably even see) and so won't get actively considered for development.

Hi,

I have placed                  modified the domain input box as      <input type="text" name="domain" class="form-control" placeholder="{$LANG.findyourdomain}" value="{$lookupTerm}" id="inputDomain" data-toggle="tooltip" data-placement="left" data-trigger="manual" title="{lang key='orderForm.domainOrKeyword'}" pattern="^((?!www.).)*$" oninvalid="this.setCustomValidity('Do not enter www.')"oninput="setCustomValidity('')"  /> and now when anybody enter domain name  with www. starting the error message "Do not enter www" worked . But I also want to show error message "The domain you searched is having tld that is not offered by us " when people type domain with unofferd tlds instead of showing domains with wrong tlds as I mentioned above. Please provide a solution for this . I have tried the following

jQuery("#inputDomain").focusout(function() {

var domaininput= jQuery("#inputDomain").val();
                                                            jQuery.ajax({
            url: 'xxx/customdomaincheck.php',  //xx -here given our path to whmcs folder
            type: "POST",

data:{domain:domaininput},

success: function(data){

jQuery("#domain-available").text(data);

}

}); 

});

I put the above function in domainregister.tpl and following page "customdomaincheck.php" in our whmcs folder 

<?php
use WHMCS\ClientArea;
use WHMCS\Database\Capsule;
define('CLIENTAREA', true);
require __DIR__ . '/init.php';
$domain=$_POST['domain'];
$flag=0;
$res=full_query("select * from tbldomainpricing");
if(mysql_num_rows($res)>0)
{
    while($row=mysql_fetch_array($res))
    {
        $tld=strtolower($row['extension']);
        if (strpos($tld, $domain) !== false) {
       $flag=1;
}

}
}

if($flag==0)
echo "The domain you searched contains tld that is not offered by us";

?> 

but domain search page not appear . Please provide a way to show the error message  when user types unoffered tld domains  .

22 hours ago, rahulkg said:

But I also want to show error message "The domain you searched is having tld that is not offered by us " when people type domain with unofferd tlds instead of showing domains with wrong tlds as I mentioned above. Please provide a solution for this .

instead of doing this, have you considered using a Data Feed on your customdomaincheck.php page and/or modifying your domain register page to use a dropdown list for TLDs (much like the Modern template does currently) ??

JcgGcpJ.png

if you do that, then customers can choose a TLD to search from a dropdown list, and you won't have to worry about checking to see if they're searching for a TLD that you don't sell, because they'll only be able to choose from a list of TLDs that you do sell.

you could add a similar type form on any page using the domainchecker.php data feed...

RwSvEXc.png

2 hours ago, rahulkg said:

Is this feature available in new version.

if you mean data feeds, then they've been in WHMCS for years (possibly since it started)... there's nothing specifically new in the domain search pages, in terms of your question, in v7.6b1 from what I can see.

if you mean, is there an immediate way to do this, then the answer is no... quickest method would be to make the default orderform to "Modern" and then the domain register page would have a TLD dropdown by default (not a long-term solution)... you could use standard_cart, but you'd likely have to modify the code significantly to make it work.

on any external page, you could simply use the data feed code (add it wherever you want the search form) and that will pass the search SLD and TLD to the cart... it will then specifically pass those therms to the cart domain search page and begin the search for that domain.

<script language="javascript" src="feeds/domainchecker.php"></script>

We are currently using whmcs 7.4.6 and ours is a customized orderform template, we don't have a drop down menu for selecting tlds before domain search submit . Can you please clarify your above answer. If we upgrade to 7.6 .b1 and use the six template, should we get this feature, or how can we incorporate this feature . ? Please provide a reply.

domain-search.JPG

16 minutes ago, rahulkg said:

If we upgrade to 7.6 .b1 and use the six template, should we get this feature

if you upgrade, you will definitely NOT get this feature in standard_cart - it won't exist natively in any recent WHMCS release.

24 minutes ago, rahulkg said:

how can we incorporate this feature

having the TLDs listed in their own dropdown is the way that WHMCS used to work, certainly in v5.... but WHMCS got rid of that feature in v6 with the "Standard_Cart" theme and made it just one search field...

the older orderform templates will still do use a dropdown, e.g "Boxes" and "Modern", but Standard_Cart is coded to expect just one field and so you can't just edit the template, you'd have to adjust the javascript used too... that would be difficult to explain with a clean install, but if you're using a customised orderform, then that makes it even more difficult without seeing the extent of the customisation.