Extending due-date with PayPal subscription does not work?

iHelpersLLC

I have found that if a customer has a paypal subscription for payments and I extend their due-date (for example, free month of service or whatever), the Paypal subscription payment is still made each month, even though the service is not due and, worse, the due-date is not extended for their payment;

Example:

• Paypal subscription payment made May 1, next due date now = June 1
  • On may 5 I extend the due date manually to September 1
  • On June 1, Paypal subscription payment is made again (even though not due until Sept) and the Next Due date remains September 1 (should be bumped out 1 month!)

Is this a bug/issue, or am I extending due dates/giving credit wrong?

Hi,

As far as I'm aware that is the correct behaviour. Anyone else, please jump in if I am wrong.....

The customer has created a recurring subscription with PayPal, who will transfer that payment on the set date at the set frequency.

I think WHMCS will only cancel the payment from within the admin area (when the service is cancelled) and has no current functionality to suspend it.

If you login to PayPal and go to that particular recurring payment subscription you have the option to "cancel", "suspend" or "view history" for that recurring payment.

So in your examples above it would be a manual process you would have to undertake within your PayPal dashboard to suspend the payment for the appropriate period.

Edited by Vox