Import data from hostbill to whmcs with payment gateway error

Hello,

I am trying to use the ImportAssist addon to import data from Hostbill to WHMCS(version 7.4.2) but got following error:

Gateways present in Source installation are missing from this installation - Fail
    - Please configure All missing gateways in the destination installation and then try again. Missing gateways are: PayPalWebPro
    TLDs and respective Pricing will not be imported from Source installation - OK

I've already configured the "PayPal Website Payments Pro". I found the payment gateway name in Hostbill database is "PayPalWebPro", but WHMCS use "paypalpaymentspro". Is this the problem? How to fix this?

Thank you for any advice.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @garconcn,

Encountering this error in ImportAssist means that the gateway name in HostBill does not match the active gateway names in WHMCS. We do map the most common gateways, but can't get them all.

To resolve this, please change the data in HostBill so the module value matches the gateway values they have activated in WHMCS. Specifically values in the hb_modules_configuration table should match the WHMCS tblpaymentgateways.setting names:

In HostBill:

select module from hb_modules_configuration WHERE type = 'payment' AND active= '1';

In WHMCS:

SELECT gateway FROM `tblpaymentgateways` WHERE `setting` LIKE 'name';

It's the module setting name we look for being active in WHMCS. So if the module names in the Hostbill table matches the module name configured in WHMCS, then the import can proceed.

On 4/28/2018 at 7:26 AM, WHMCS John said:

Hi @garconcn,

Encountering this error in ImportAssist means that the gateway name in HostBill does not match the active gateway names in WHMCS. We do map the most common gateways, but can't get them all.

To resolve this, please change the data in HostBill so the module value matches the gateway values they have activated in WHMCS. Specifically values in the hb_modules_configuration table should match the WHMCS tblpaymentgateways.setting names:

In HostBill:

select module from hb_modules_configuration WHERE type = 'payment' AND active= '1';

In WHMCS:

SELECT gateway FROM `tblpaymentgateways` WHERE `setting` LIKE 'name';

It's the module setting name we look for being active in WHMCS. So if the module names in the Hostbill table matches the module name configured in WHMCS, then the import can proceed.

Hello John,

Thanks for your reply. The payment module name in Hostbill is "PayPalWebPro", in WHMCS it is "paypalpaymentspro". If I change the name in Hostbill from "PayPalWebPro" to "paypalpaymentspro", would it affect the functions for Hostbill? I just want to import a few accounts to test before switching everything to WHMCS, does not want it breaks Hostbill.

If this import tool is for importing from old billing system to WHMCS, I would assume WHMCS would accommodate anything that doesn't match and fix it instead of letting user to modify on old billing system. Is "PayPal Website Payments Pro" not a common payment gateway?