WHMCS Source Code

nitaish

I was wondering if it is possible to buy the source code of WHMCS. We want to make lots of modifications to suit our business needs and since there are certain limitations in WHMCS, creating hooks might be insufficient. If we can get the source code, we can modify as per our requirement.

10 hours ago, nitaish said:

I was wondering if it is possible to buy the source code of WHMCS.

it might be possible to get the source code for the main program, but not necessarily for specific modules... I can recall a thread from December last year that said it was possible to get source code for some some modules, but I can't link to it as the thread has been deleted/moved (don't know why)... if memory serves, you'd also have to sign an NDA, but your best bet might be to either wait for a WHMCS staff member to reply or open a support ticket to confirm its availability.

plus I wouldn't necessarily see having access to the source code as a panacea - i'd second seeing what was possible with hooks/APi first before plunging into buying the source code.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2018 at 10:14 AM, brian! said:

it might be possible to get the source code for the main program, but not necessarily for specific modules...

Pretty sure you've got that backwards. I could be mistaken though

I do know they have a few modules available via source, but no way are you getting the source for WHMCS itself (at least not legally).

Ask them via helpdesk. They'll let you know what they can do, and what needs to be done.. IIRC there was a fee, and , of course an NDA you have to sign.

I'll add one to hooks. You can do an amazing amount of work without accessing source code, and hey, you have the added bonus of it not needing to be replaced every version.

6 hours ago, twhiting9275 said:

Pretty sure you've got that backwards. I could be mistaken though

I was working from memory with regards to the source code for the core program... I recall you could years ago, but the question hasn't been replied to recently so only WHMCS will know what the current situation is...

also, I remember Chris saying last year that they wouldn't give the source for the Stripe module... and so I assume that applies to other modules of theirs too.

The reason I was asking for the source code is that there are lots of suggestions given to WHMCS from various members and they still appear in the Feature Requests which WHMCS does not seem to be keen to implement. One such option is 5 years and 10  years hosting and other products' orders. If anyone can help me creating hooks for features like this, that would be great.

5 hours ago, nitaish said:

The reason I was asking for the source code is that there are lots of suggestions given to WHMCS from various members and they still appear in the Feature Requests which WHMCS does not seem to be keen to implement.

I long ago gave up any delusion about the feature requests system being fit for purpose - they may or may not get implemented, but even when they are, "years" is not a time frame that i'm prepared to put up with.

One such option is 5 years and 10 years hosting and other products' orders.

the only third-party addon that i'm aware of ventures in that area is the ModulesGarden Recurring Billing module.. but i'm unsure if even that expands beyond 3 years from a billing point of view... I know it can have 10-years contracts, but I don't know if you can bill more than every 3 years...

If anyone can help me creating hooks for features like this, that would be great.

you'll really need to post in Service Offers & Requests for that as any interested developers wouldn't be able to reply publicly to this thread.