Multiple Registrars and Existing cPanel Accounts

I am currently trying to determine what we need to do in order to import all of the domains that are registered thru our various accounts (Namecheap, Network Solutions, GoDaddy, etc). I already imported all of the server accounts, but we are not the registrar for all of our clients, I also don't want to hand jam all of the orders. Is there a best method for important all of the domains we "own" and bill for? Or is it best to wait until they come due for renewal and transfer them to ourselves?

19 hours ago, atlemacks said:

Is there a best method for important all of the domains we "own" and bill for? Or is it best to wait until they come due for renewal and transfer them to ourselves?

more than likely, you'll have to add them all to WHMCS manually - there's no generic domain import option.. if you're lucky, you might find a third-party addon for a particular registrar but i'm not aware of any for those that you mention.

if you bill these domains, then you can add them to WHMCS whenever you want - no need for transfers... transfers would only apply if you wanted to move the domains between registrars, and even then, you would need the registrants permission.

14 hours ago, brian! said:

more than likely, you'll have to add them all to WHMCS manually - there's no generic domain import option.. if you're lucky, you might find a third-party addon for a particular registrar but i'm not aware of any for those that you mention.

if you bill these invoices, then you can add them to WHMCS whenever you want - no need for transfers... transfers would only apply if you wanted to move the domains between registrars, and even then, you would need the registrants permission.

So, when we make a domain purchase via the API, the domain should be listed in our normal Namecheap account, for example?

37 minutes ago, atlemacks said:

I guess what I am really getting at, there's no way to just map domain names that are already owned with the built in API's to their respective accounts?

generically no - though with enough effort, you might be able to code a method for a specific registrar.

if you're talking about a domain that is in your namecheap account, but isn't in WHMCS, then you would just add it manually as I described earlier... if there are a LOT, then it might be worth looking into seeing if there is a method with the namecheap API to import them (I don't know namecheap API well enough to say one way or the other), but generally, you just make yourself a drink and get ready for a long typing session. :415_coffee:

after a quick check, I can see there is a domains.getList command in the API, but I suspect it's only worth the thought of getting an experienced developer in if you have too many domains to type in...