Error: [] operator not supported for strings in clientsbillableitems.php:0

When navigating to the Billable Item tab on one client we get the Oops Something went wrong and we couldn't process your request error. Adding errors to the config we see:

Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /clients/admin/clientsbillableitems.php:0
Stack trace:
#0 {main}

(I removed the full server path)

This does not happen for other clients, only one that we are aware of.

WHMCS 7.5

PHP 7.2

Our setup is WHMCS 7.5 and PHP 7.2, we added many PHP versions to have the flexibility to move between them.

We had the same issue when we try to open billable items for any client, what we noticed is the URL is not complete and missing some characters.

Once we changed the PHP to 7.0 it works as expected and the error has gone.

I think there is something wrong with PHP 7.2 and WHMCS

Good luck,

We're also seeing this error when you click the Billable Items tab in the customer account screen.

We can't open the tab for clients who we currently have billing items created, nor can we create new billing items for clients that previously had none.

We are running PHP 7.2

After upgrading to to v7.5 we are unable to open the Billable Items tab for clients that we have billable items configured. When you click the tab it takes you to the "oops, something went wrong" page

Nor are we able to create new billable items for clients who previous had none. The oops error on these clients does not occur until you try to create the billable item.

We are running PHP 7.2

Apache server logs show the following error:

[php7:notice] [pid 1971] [client xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx] [WHMCS Application] ERROR: Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /clientsbillableitems.php:0 Stack trace: #0 {main} {"exception":"[object] (Error(code: 0): [] operator not supported for strings at /clientsbillableitems.php:0)"} [], referer: https://clientsinvoices.php?userid=xx

4 hours ago, ganewbie said:

Our setup is WHMCS 7.5 and PHP 7.2, we added many PHP versions to have the flexibility to move between them.

We had the same issue when we try to open billable items for any client, what we noticed is the URL is not complete and missing some characters.

Once we changed the PHP to 7.0 it works as expected and the error has gone.

I think there is something wrong with PHP 7.2 and WHMCS

Good luck,

Thanks for the input. I'm a little frightened to back to PHP 7.0 but may have to take leap.

1 minute ago, aknight said:

Thanks for the input. I'm a little frightened to back to PHP 7.0 but may have to take leap.

Hopefully they will release a hotfix for it early next week.

We cant go back to PHP7.0 unfortunately as a number of our modules were updated to work with PHP 7.2 so we would fix one error but create 4 new ones.

• WHMCS John changed the title to Error: [] operator not supported for strings in clientsbillableitems.php:0