Allow customer to switch between monthly and annual price options

Hi all

We would like to give the customer the option to click/switch between monthly and annual pricing options when they are viewing our hosting plans.

Apart from duplicating every hosting plan showing separately monthly plan and annual plan, which looks messy, i haven't found a way to achieve this.

There are many hosting web sites which show hosting plans the way i want to show mine, but after going around in circles with WHMCS i can't work it out.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance
James

All products allow you to set monthly AND annual pricing - for each the product on the "Pricing" tab...

Screnshot:

https://harry-wales.tinytake.com/sf/MjQwNzQ2N183MzAxMjYy

This then allows the customer to choose monthly or annual in the cart...

Screenshot:

https://harry-wales.tinytake.com/sf/MjQwNzQ3OF83MzAxMjcz

So there is no need to create separate products for monthly or annual - just set up the one product, set up both monthly and annual pricing on the product - then the customer decides for themselves which they prefer.

Hi James,

9 hours ago, DISKMANJAMES said:

We would like to give the customer the option to click/switch between monthly and annual pricing options when they are viewing our hosting plans.

at what stage of the order process - the opening cart page ?

Apart from duplicating every hosting plan showing separately monthly plan and annual plan, which looks messy, i haven't found a way to achieve this.

if at the products page, you can do it by editing the template - exactly how will depend on which orderform template you're using... one example is shown in the thread below...

hKKzxmj.png

There are many hosting web sites which show hosting plans the way i want to show mine, but after going around in circles with WHMCS i can't work it out.

it might be helpful to include a screenshot of what you want to see... my telepathic powers are not what they once were, so i've no idea what you're seeing. :P

Thanks for trying to help.

Yes a screenshot might be helpful.

Attached is my screenshot showing one of our plan offerings. It would be good at this point for a customer to have the choice to select Monthly (shown as default) or choose Annual instead if they prefer. To be able to toggle between monthly and annual pricing would be a great option.

We will try the advice shown at:

and see if it sorts us out. Will post again here once we've applied this to our WHMCS.

Thanks again guys!

orderhosting.jpg

10 hours ago, DISKMANJAMES said:

Attached is my screenshot showing one of our plan offerings. It would be good at this point for a customer to have the choice to select Monthly (shown as default) or choose Annual instead if they prefer. To be able to toggle between monthly and annual pricing would be a great option.

bear in mind that they can already do that at the product configuration stage...

UjLB8nS.png

10 hours ago, DISKMANJAMES said:

Yes a screenshot might be helpful.

the code should work in Standard_cart too and show all available cycles - I might need a bit of tweaking though...

Jrlhbvl.png

your biggest problem will be deciding whether to show pricing or not... if you don't (as above), then it makes the layout simpler... however if you want to include pricing per cycle, then you are then pushed for room in the layout...

7MS6TNo.png

now if you're not offering free domains or setup fees, then that makes it slightly simpler - but there may still be issues.

you may end up having to tweak the css as these product boxes are split 60%/40% between description/price... and so if you make the space allocated for the pricing wider, you'll need to reduce the width allocated to the description.