How to ask for custom fields in domain transfer?

Remitur

I'm working on a registrar module.

For registering new domains, everything works fine:  WHMCS ask for the domain, for needed domain custom fields,, for registrant data...

The issue is for domain transfer order: WHMCS ask for domain, for authinfo, for Registrant data...but not for domain custom fields.

And I can't understand where and how I can specify that custom fields are needed for a domain transfer...    :wall1:

• Remitur changed the title to How to ask for custom fields in domain transfer?

you can't - https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/additional-fields-in-domain-transfers

I can't think of an obvious quick fix for this - even if you could modify the cart to accept ADF, you'd then have to ensure the cart processed the input, and the registrar understood the custom fields.

you could possibly enable Additional Notes in setup->ordering and get them to manually enter the info at checkout, but that's really not a good, or logical to the user, solution.

11 minutes ago, brian! said:

you can't

:wall1: :wall1: :wall1:

Let's think for a workaround...

• Does exist an hook which may be useful to intercept the order?
    Maybe ShoppingCartValidateDomain (would it be called for domain trasnfer?) or PreShoppingCartCheckout...
  • the hook needs to:
    - verify if in the cart there's a transfer of required TLD
    - if TRUE, asking somewhat to the user to input the custom fields
    - and archive them in tbldomainadditionalfields (if domain has yet an ID in tbldomains... but maybe not yet... if so, data need to be stored elsewhere... in order notes, i.s.)
  • the order go on, the user pays...
  • ... and the registrar module, running TransferDomain, know where retrieve needed data...

It seems not so difficult (so maybe I'm missing something, which makes it impossible!)

Other fix: does exist any way to make the order process NOT to ask for new registrant data at checkout?

• 2 months later...
On 19/1/2018 at 6:05 PM, brian! said:

you can't

Someone found a way to do it... even if I don't understand how they do it.

The add-on module which asks for formain custom field in transfer order is this:  https://www.resellerclub-mods.com/en/products/registrar-modules/lcdrm.html

When it comes to a transfer order for a domain managed through this module, it regularly asks for any custom field...

They require a small editing of configuredomains.tpl, detailed explained here: https://www.resellerclub-mods.com/en/online-documentation/lcdregistrar-module-v3/howto-install-lcdregistrar-module-v3.html

It works, but looking the code in configuredomains.tpl, I'm going to ask two new questions:

• why and how WHMCS doesn't ask for custom field in domain trasnfer? I didn't found any clause in configuredomains.tpl which differs registering from transfer...
  • how to modify resellerclub-crm's template code in order to make it works with any domain (even if not managed by resellerclub-crm'm module) ?

3 hours ago, Remitur said:

why and how WHMCS doesn't ask for custom field in domain transfer? I didn't found any clause in configuredomains.tpl which differs registering from transfer...

I assume because they decided not to include that option.

3 hours ago, Remitur said:

how to modify resellerclub-crm's template code in order to make it works with any domain (even if not managed by resellerclub-crm'm module) ?

first thought would be to contact Marco @imaticon and ask him as he's the one that wrote the module.