mx.spamexperts.com cannot be a destination

davet

I have a customer that order the SpamExperts service through my site. Normally it will activate without any probelms but for this specific customer it returns the error when we click "Attempt Configuration" within WHMCS.

mx.spamexperts.com cannot be a destination.

Any clue how to get this activated?

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, I forgot to follow up.

The problem was that the domain had already the SpamExperts MX configured in it.
When activating SpamExperts, they need to know to which mail server to relay the mail to, and they take this information from the MX record. However, if you already have SpamExperts as MX, they will not know where to send it to and refuse to configure.
So I had to edit the DNS zone and wait over a day to be able to configure properly.

I would have preferred a way where it would just configure without a relay and that I could configure it manually, but at least now I know what to do if this happens again.