Missing Invoices

Hi,

Something very strange is happening on our WHMCS system? It was down for a while due to technical issues but has been resolved and brought back up again.

Okay, now what is interesting is, clients got invoices mailed to them but the invoice isn't generated on the system itself?

Is there a way to fix this, get the missing invoices or not?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

are you looking at the same system that set the emails - not an old/backup/legacy system ?

for one of the clients affected go to their summary page

clientssummary.php?userid=

click on the "emails" tab and see if it shows an invoice created email, and click on that to check the email / invoice details

click on the "invoices" tab - is it definatley not there ?

query your daatabse in mysql

tblinvoices for that id

tblinvoiceitems for that invoiceid

is it missing from both ?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and update.

I had a look under emails and nothing send, that's the weird thing and I'm unaware of any other systems running simultaneously?

Where else can I have a look, if I click on the link sent to the client for the newly created invoice it doesn't work.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @jtvdw86,

In what way do the erroneous invoice links not work precisely?

Do you get an error of any kind? How do they compare to valid invoice links?

If there is no record of the email being sent in the client's Email log in WHMCS, it definitely wasn't sent by that particular WHMCS installation, so must have come from elsewhere.