60-day trial setup

hi guys

I am trying a slightly out of the norm setup.

I am working with not-for-profit groups and on one of the plans offered am giving them 60 days before they pay.

However, I want to collect payment details beforehand and getting the system to then charge their card after the 60 day period without having to chase them to go through a purchase again.

So what I have read, being Promotions and Fixed Term both didn't seem to be able to do this.

Ah, and my clients are paying either quarterly, half-yearly or yearly

thanks heaps in advance

Uwe

Hi schaferu,

Thanks for your post on WHMCS.Community.

This is actually something you could easily handle with Promotions/Coupons Setup a Recurring Coupon that recurs 2 times, with the product required selected, you can set the type to Percentage and the value 100

This way, you would get the clients payment details and provide them the first two months free of charge

Does that sound viable for your needs?

thanks Chris

in general sounds feasible, but when I am in the Promo setup, it is offering that section "Billing Cycles"

Does a Code not relate to the length of a cycle, meaning if they choose half-yearly, and I have 2 x recurring, then I would give them 1 year free?

Or is a code always 30 days to make what you say work?

Please clarify, as that truly would be a quick and easy method.

cheers

Uwe

Billing Cycles.png

Hi Uwe,

On 10/25/2017 at 2:36 PM, schaferu said:

I am trying a slightly out of the norm setup.

:624_alarm_clock: alarm bells! :624_alarm_clock:

On 10/31/2017 at 5:40 AM, schaferu said:

Does a Code not relate to the length of a cycle, meaning if they choose half-yearly, and I have 2 x recurring, then I would give them 1 year free?

Or is a code always 30 days to make what you say work?

it's based on cycles, not months - so the simple solution is to do as Chris' suggestion implies and use a Monthly billing cycle... that way, the first two months can be free, and each month after that, they'll be charged. :idea:

there's no simple way to do what you want with a 60-day trial on a 3/6/12-month product which doesn't terminate... you could give a % discount using a promo code, e.g 66% on a 3-month cycle, but they'd still have to pay the 33% at order time.

Hey there,

Have you checked over our docs pages for Common Promotions:

https://docs.whmcs.com/Common_Promotions#Free_Trial

https://docs.whmcs.com/Products_and_Services#Pricing_Tab

As Bear mentioned, its rather difficult to provide a 60day promo to anything outside a monthly cycle.

The best way to do this is how we have listed in the Free Trial promo docs page, where you have 2 products, one is what you will use the free trial promo code on and then once they term out it will upgrade them to the actual product set on the proper term you want them to use.

Hope that helps.