Unable to complete incremental updates: Unable to import the 3.2.1 database file.

Dear whmcs community,

I'm installing whmcs_v723_full on Debian + php-5.6.31-fpm. The webserver is properly configured to handle ioncube encoded files.

Filesystem permissions seems okay (everything runs as web1:client1) and I reached the step 4 of "/install/install.php". Database is partially populated as the installer emit the following error:

[2017-09-26 01:11:30][WHMCS Installer] DEBUG: Installer bootstrapped []
[2017-09-26 01:11:30][WHMCS Installer] INFO: Creating initial admin account []
[2017-09-26 01:11:30][WHMCS Installer] INFO: Applying incremental updates to base install schema []
[2017-09-26 01:11:30][WHMCS Installer] INFO: Applying Updates for 3.2.1-release.1 []
[2017-09-26 01:11:30][WHMCS Installer] ERROR: Unable to complete incremental updates: Unable to import the 3.2.1 database file. Unable to access import path. []
[2017-09-26 01:11:30][WHMCS Installer] ERROR: Installation process terminated due to error. []

I saw that other users encountered this issue, but was unable to find a solution here on the forums.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks a lot!

ascii

PS: I also installed whmcs_v730_rc1 with the same error, then dropped all the tables in the DB and cleaned up (emptied) the filesystem.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you encountered an error installing WHMCS. There are two things to check here:

1. The /resources/sql/ directory is either missing, or permissions are not allowing it to be read. Please double check the folder is uploaded and accessible to the user your WHMCS installation runs under.
  2. Ensure there are no symlinks in the directory  structure to the WHMCS folder, as this can cause the file-path to be invalid.