Custom domain Addon

Thembi

is it possible to add a custom domain addon in addition to DNS Management,Email Forwarding , and ID Protection ?

I think the usual trick would be to rename one of the existing ones (if it's going spare) and use that - especially if you are using a registrar that doesn't support that core function...

It's a feature would be important to sell, i.e., local presence services... but I have not found any easy way to do it.

if the local presence service was free, i'd have suggested using Additional Domain Fields, but if you're charging for it, then as Chris suggests, you're into the realms of customisation... e.g perhaps tweaking the Add Hosting link to add LPS service (as a separate product), perhaps using bundles for those tlds that would require a LPS, perhaps even using hooks to take value to ADF and modify the cart price.

I daresay it can be done, but not quickly! :)

I think the usual trick would be to rename one of the existing ones (if it's going spare) and use that - especially if you are using a registrar that doesn't support that core function...

It may be a good idea, but a little check is required...

I.e., domain forwarding (which is commonly unused)

It's not only a matter of overriding the text in $_LANG['domainemailforwarding'] and in $_LANG['domainemailforwardingdesc'], because i guess that setting it on makes other parts of code and hooks to run, and so it's also needed to disable them before using this "empty" space... :-/

It may be a good idea, but a little check is required...

I.e., domain forwarding (which is commonly unused)

It's not only a matter of overriding the text in $_LANG['domainemailforwarding'] and in $_LANG['domainemailforwardingdesc'], because i guess that setting it on makes other parts of code and hooks to run, and so it's also needed to disable them before using this "empty" space... :-/

which is why I said if the registrar doesn't support that feature... e.g OpenSRS with email forwarding... so yes you could add it to a TLD in domain pricing, but it would (virtually) have no functionality in the background - except I suppose writing the value to the tbldomains table after ordering... which is no bad thing as you can then check/handle it... e.g it will be an enabled option in the client area.

... and I didn't suggest it was just a couple of language overrides... you've got to follow through in the client area (and maybe admin area) too - especially if this has to seem to do something - but as a method of adding paying features to a domain order, I think it's a legitimate, if limited, solution.