Stripe integration not updating when insufficient funds

Juanzo

We are using latest WHMcs with it's Stripe integration, and after a while, the first insufficient_funds payment error appeared at our account.

A client made the payment, Stripe updated WHMcs and marked the invoice as paid, but later on, the payment was declined due to insufficient_funds, but WHMcs never found out.

We contacted Stripe about this, to see if we could at least receive an email when this happens, but they pointed us to their webhooks, so ideally the official Stripe integration should have this.

I could create a feature request, but first I wanted to know if anyone else had the same problem, and what was the approach to solve it.

This is probably better off as a feature request. I'm wondering, was the payment initially approved though, or put into pending state until the funds were released?

WHMCS should (theoretically) be smart enough to handle the difference. I mean, the paypal integration knows, why shouldn't the Stripe integration?

Thinking maybe there's something more to this, like maybe Stripe initially approved the transaction?