Smarty - Include PHP Errors (WHMCS V7)

Fr3DBr

Hi, guys.

In WHMCS V6, my template is working just fine, to include php files, however now I'm testing V7 and I've noticed a problem:

Smarty Error: Syntax error in template "file:/home/webpath/public_html/templates/mytemplate/header.tpl" on line 69 "{include_php file="$template/header_ex.php"}" {include_php} file 'mytemplate/header_ex.php' is not readable

What could be the reason for this ?

The php file is located in the template directory, together the tpl files, and as I said in V6 it works fine ?

you may need to declare the path in your configuration file. :idea:

http://docs.whmcs.com/Smarty_Security_Policy

Using {include_php} Syntax

Smarty has deprecated the {include_php} syntax, but WHMCS currently supports this behavior via Policies. If your template invokes & includes a PHP script by using the Smarty {include_php} syntax, the full path to the directory containing that script will need to be whitelisted in the 'trusted_dir' setting of your Policy.

• 2 months later...

Hmm, Im having the same issue after upgrading, yet im not getting any errors (I do have $display_errors=true in my config, just blanks when im using {include_php}. I added the following to my configuration.php with no difference as well:

// Smarty custom email based template policy:
$smarty_security_policy = array(
   'mail' => array(
       'php_functions' => array(
           'ucwords',
       ),
       'php_modifiers' => array(
           'strpos',
        ),
   ),
   'system' => array(
       'trusted_dir' => array(
           '/var/www/html/custom_files',
       ),
   ),
);

Maybe I'm out of topic but Smarty version 3+, for security reasons, has disabled by default PHP code and includes.

WHMCS follows it but it has an option in General settings (I think in Security tab) where you can activate PHP support in templates.

As I said, there is a chance to be out of topic as I don't know what Smarty version WHMCS 6 was using.