Domain Search Problem V7.0.1.

ody

We face a problem in domain search

when we try to check any domain into homepage or into normal domain register search page all works fine

but when we try any search any domain search under hosting plan or cloud hosting etc. we have this as output result (it seems funny but ....),

we had ask this WHMCS support team which advise us to delete whoisfunction.php but it wasn't work,

Any suggestion??

Thank you

Ody

domain-search-right-view.jpg

Hosting-Domain-search-problem.jpg

We had check all of our prices in USD or EUR but we still have the same output.

Also we had set in .htaccess

execution time 1200 !!!!!

max_input time 1200 !!!!!

memory limit 256M

we had set these values also into server setup

the issue is that with 6.3.1. was working fine!

Edited by ody

thanks for sending the link to your website - i'm now convinced that it's a bug... as not only can I see it on your site, but it's happening on my v7.0.1 dev too.

as you say, domain searches work fine - but with searches attached to a product, spotlight TLDs are failing... i've checked again and the Smarty array looks fine to me.

my best guess is that there is an issue with the jquery in base.js :?:

I thought about removing the spotlights block of code... that would solve the visual issue, but I then found any TLDs listed in the spotlight section are not searched for in the alternative suggestions block, so you'd be crippling your potential sales. :roll:

the best temporary quick solution that I can come up with involves editing standard_cart/configureproductdomain.tpl and tweaking the spotlights block of code...

{if $spotlightTlds}
                           <div id="spotlightTlds" class="spotlight-tlds clearfix hidden">
                               <div class="spotlight-tlds-container">
                                   {foreach $spotlightTlds as $key => $data}
                                       <div class="spotlight-tld-container spotlight-tld-container-{$spotlightTlds|count}">
                                           <div id="spotlight{$data.tldNoDots}" class="spotlight-tld{if $data.group} spotlight-tld-{$data.group}{/if}">
                                               {$data.tld}
                                               <span class="domain-lookup-loader domain-lookup-spotlight-loader">
                                                   <i class="fa fa-spinner fa-spin"></i>
                                               </span>
                                               <div class="domain-lookup-result">
                                                   <button type="button" class="btn unavailable hidden" disabled="disabled">
                                                       {lang key='domainunavailable'}
                                                   </button>
                                                   <button type="button" class="btn invalid hidden" disabled="disabled">
                                                   </button>
                                                   <span class="available price hidden">{$data.register}</span>
                                                   <button type="button" class="btn hidden btn-add-to-cart product-domain" data-whois="0" data-domain="">
                                                       <span class="to-add">{lang key='orderForm.add'}</span>
                                                       <span class="added">{lang key='domaincheckeradded'}</span>
                                                       <span class="unavailable">{$LANG.domaincheckertaken}</span>
                                                   </button>
                                               </div>
                                           </div>
                                       </div>
                                   {/foreach}
                               </div>
                           </div>
                       {/if}

what you should try is removing the three lines of code below from the above block...

</button>

from my quick testing, if you do that, then it does seem to now show registered domains as unavailable (e.g google.com) and shows pricing for available domains (poki8u.net).

my v7 dev - http://prnt.sc/d4lvws

or your own installation with the above code removed, it should look like this...

AHu86od.png

i've only done the first 3 spotlights manually, but when you make the template change, it should affect all of them. :idea:

this is just a temporary fix, so if you still have your ticket with WHMCS support, then you should reply back and tell them it's a bug - point them to this thread if it helps... and I still think there's another bug that occurs when spotlights have no pricing in the chosen currency.... but i'm sure there are developers/testers @ WHMCS paid to spot these sort of things, so i'll leave it to them to fix that one! :)

Thank you Brian,

we shall check it,

we was ready to try to add all of standard_cart/domainregister.tpl into product

also

1. is there any way to show in Suggested Domains not only 10 per click suggestions we have as you might see more than 650 TLDs and 10 domains per click........ took about 10 days, weeks, months.....,

2. after V 7.0.1. we have lost it where is the bulk search do not exist? or domainchecker.tlp do not work or domain results how it works now???

about support

we haven't renew it as we wasn't satisfy with their suppport.

Edited by ody

1. is there any way not to show in Suggested Domains only 10 per click suggestions we have as you might see more than 650 TLDs and 10 domains per click........ took about 10 days, weeks, months.....,

you could modify base.js and change the value within the code below - it occurs 3 times.

suggestionCount <= 10

changing the value of 10 to a higher should increase the number of results shown on the page - normally, i'd be concerned about suggesting doing that as it could slow down your site as WHMCS conducts multiple searches, but I assume you're using ResellerClubMods Tools v2 addon, and so you're doing an API search and not standard whois... if you are, then increasing the value of 10 shouldn't really matter - i'd suggest changing it to 50 at first and, if that works ok, increase it to whatever you want!

2. after V 7.0.1. we have lost it where is the bulk search do not exist? or domainchecker.tlp do not work or domain results how it works now???

the bulk search feature, and domainchecker, got removed in v7 - everything is now integrated into the cart.

http://docs.whmcs.com/Version_7.0_Release_Notes

Domain Checker Improvements - The domain checker has been integrated into the shopping cart, and along with the new domain lookup functionality introduced in WHMCS 7.0 including spotlight TLDs and sale groups, is designed to offer a more streamlined and consistent domain lookup and purchase experience for end users. The domain checker file remains in place to provide redirects that will automatically redirect most previous domain checker based requests and form submissions to the new cart based domain lookup. The bulk domain check and bulk domain transfer facilities within the client area have been removed in 7.0. The new domain lookup functionality provided within the shopping cart in 7.0 is intended to deliver a more intuitive and optimised user experience for searching for and adding multiple domains to the shopping cart.

about support

we haven't renew it as we wasn't satisfy with their support.

you aren't the first person to have said that to me.

but even if you don't have a current support package, you can still report this as a bug to WHMCS. :idea:

Works!!!!!!

BUT All new domain TLDs when we check them show them as available

google, post, yahoo

I don't think the changes I suggested would cause this - they certainly didn't locally using standard whois... unless this is messing with the code required by the Resellerclubmods Tools... :?:

best way to test - undo the changes to configureproductdomain.tpl and see the results for the New TLDs... e.g search for nic.com (unavailable) - and it should be unavailable for all the new TLDs too.

it's entirely possible that it's either giving you incorrect results for the suggestions, or possibly it's not even checking availability until you try to add them individually to the cart... e.g it's letting me add 'nic.go4.gr' to the cart, but not 'nic.asia' or 'nic.academy' - which would make sense as they shouldn't be available to register... now you could argue that it should tell you that they're taken when you try to add them to the cart, but that's a design flaw by WHMCS/RCM, not my code! :)

btw - if it's really not even checking availability for the suggestions, then you might be able to show 600+ in one go if you wanted to.

Your code

</button>

do not harm, we had test it with or without some where else is the problem

suggestionCount <= 10

works only once under hosting plans then 10 per click

but into normal domain search was not fire only 10 per click

it occurs 3 times.
???

you mean to re-writte add the script 3 more times???

we use Marco's great tools and he had propuse (in the past) to us about to check all domains under RC api or not,

that is better to search with api only these ones entries in which WHMCS are not reliable (for 6.3.1.) and as it seems now it's totally unreliable (as usual).

Edited by ody

you mean to re-write add the script 3 more times???

no I mean in base.js, the term "suggestionCount <= 10" in there 3 times..

for (suggestionCount = 1; suggestionCount <= 10; suggestionCount++) {
                   if (suggestionCount <= 10) {

for example, if you change all three values of "10" to "2", then the first 2 results are show, then when you click the link for more suggestions, it shows 2 more etc...

so you'd want to change those values from "10" a higher number - from what you describe, I suspect that you've only modified one of them and not the other two. :idea:

For the above yes we shall add yours & thank you

as for search,

It's totally mad,

when we hit any domain clean search as google output suggestion results mention it as available

but if you set it as

google.academy or something else giving normal results as "not available"

I suspect that's something to do with Marco's module rather than WHMCS v7 itself.

google.academy is not coming up as a suggestion when searching locally using standard whois - so it knows it's unavailable.

I assume you're using the latest versions of the addon that was released yesterday and is v7 compatible ? if you are, it might be worth opening a ticket with Marco.

we add this

for (suggestionCount = 1; suggestionCount <= 10; suggestionCount++) {

and page crass

but works fine only with one entry

for (suggestionCount = 1; suggestionCount <= 50; suggestionCount++) {

if (furtherSuggestions > 0) {

1st time giving 10 and then 50 per click so as far it's good!!!

Solved

Thank you Brian.

Edited by ody

We had a 1st responce from Marco AND

Now we realize what you and Marco mean that V7 do not perform a real lookup (we had check it)

V7 giving a real output result for about 20 domains and then a client need to hit one by one TLD to check if it's taken or not!!!!!!!!

so we sell 690 TLDs (and we want to add more in short future),

and any client need to hit one by one TLD to see if this domain is available or not taken

WHMCS are so .........

I’m so mad with them......

What do they believe that a client will stay about 3 years to check 10 Domains if are available

Thats how they made faster their tool simply do not check

Edited by ody

A. Does any one know where is the value for domain search

as we have find out domain search only 18+1 TLDs

1. 1st the TLD which you had set or ask for

2. The 8 spotlight TLDs

3. Then the rest 10 which are first into our domain price list

All the rest have to be checked one by one

so we need to find out where is this value so to increase it

3. from 10 to 50 or ....

B.Also V7 do not recognize & check all domain TLDs like .संगठन .机构 .移动 etc.

In V6.3.1. these TLDs was checked in V7????

values into dist.whois.js had been set manual from us but...

Thank you

Ody

Edited by ody

A. Does any one know where is the value for domain search

as we have find out domain search only 18+1 TLDs

1. 1st the TLD which you had set or ask for

2. The 8 spotlight TLDs

3. Then the rest 10 which are first into our domain price list

All the rest have to be checked one by one

so we need to find out where is this value so to increase it

3. from 10 to 50 or ....

checking your base.js file, there's still one 'if (suggestionCount <= 10) {' block of code that you haven't changed... perhaps change that from 10 to 50! :)

B.
Also V7 do not recognize & check all domain TLDs like .संगठन .机构 .移动 etc.

In V6.3.1. these TLDs was checked in V7????

values into dist.whois.js had been set manual from us but...

to take them in reverse - you should never edit the dist.whois.json file as WHMCS will overwrite it during an update - the only file you should edit with these changes is whois.json

that said, i'm not convinced the changes you've made in there are correct - they wouldn't be if you were using standard whois... but as you're using Marco's addon, they may be correct.. he'll know! :idea:

with regards to those TLDs, i'm getting the same error on your site, my v7 dev and the softaculous demo.

e.g searching for testdsfdsfdsf.संगठन gives...

Invalid domain name provided

Domains must begin with a letter or a number

my recollection is that during the v7 beta development, Marco posted about a bug with IDN domains - I think WHMCS denied there was a bug (nothing new there) and have now removed the beta forum anyway, so i can't find the thread... though did come across this...

https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?107171-Domain-lookup-WHMCS-v6-x-x-and-IDN-new-gTLDs&p=442111#post442111

While doing some further research I confirmed that WHMCS's internal code is clear that we don't currently fully support IDN tlds. The right way to get the issue you are having resolved to to move ahead with full support for IDN domains across the product. Ultimately that is a feature request, not a defect in the intended behavior.

i'm struggling to remember if that's still the case - I can't recall reading anything in the release notes to contradict it. :roll:

I think the only way you could get IDN domains to work would be to not add the domains by their unicode name, but by their ASCII name... e.g .संगठन is the same as '.xn--i1b6b1a6a2e' - not that any customer would know that!

5vBUOJg.png

tbh - you'll probably be better off not adding any of these TLDs until you know either Marco's addon supports them directly, or WHMCS does. :idea:

checking your base.js file, there's still one 'if (suggestionCount <= 10) {' block of code that you haven't changed... perhaps change that from 10 to 50!

We had change this to 50 but wasn't work it's still checking only 18+1 TLDs all the rest must be checked one by one,

domain-search.jpg

we (and I believe most WHMCS users) need a to find a way to solve this,

when a client hit any domain name search to giving back real one time output and not only 18 and then one by one.!!!

For the IDN TLDs we already inform Marco about it & we expect his feedback.

Edited by ody

there's always the possibility that the search is hard-coded to a limitation to avoid too many whois searches - don't forget, it's coded primarily for standard whois and you wouldn't want to be doing 50 lookups with that!

your best bet is probably waiting for Marco to find a solution. :idea:

We had open a ticket for this also in WHMCS, of course if they act it will be in a week from now,

we had also try to find a way into icheck.js but....

we had bet many on to your help that you might know or that you could find a way about how for it, (as your a real GearHead),

we are very disappointed!!!!!

we might go back to V6.3.1. as the only usefull new which V7 have it's only spotlight.

at least with 6.3.1. we had created a very usefull & stable environment as like for domain search with checkbox option and some others,

Edited by ody

we had bet many on to your help that you might know or that you could find a way about how for it, (as your a real GearHead),

we are very disappointed!!!!!

you're using a third-party addon, so that complicates the answer... even if I found a solution locally (and to be honest I haven't looked yet as I only have 7 TLDs in the v7 dev), there's no guarantees it would work for you.

Marco's addon is encoded anyway, so only he can fix that... plus, i've got no access to the source code and don't work for WHMCS (hurrah!) - so while I can tweak the code a little, I can't rewrite whole blocks of WHMCS code to fix bugs/design features by the WHMCS developers! :)

we might go back to V6.3.1. as the only useful new which V7 have it's only spotlight.

at least with 6.3.1. we had created a very useful & stable environment as with checkbox and some others,

well i've seen nothing in v7 domain-wise, including spotlights (which are just a visual gimmick that could be easily coded in v6 anyway), to make me want to upgrade to v7 this year... it's still too buggy. :idea:

It was & it is a question for us and maybe to many other here why you are not cooperate with WHMCS as at seems you know better their tool and what real a client-user-enduser needs.

Any way thank you Brian for your time and for your help.!!!

It was & it is a question for us and maybe to many other here why you are not cooperate with WHMCS as at seems you know better their tool and what real a client-user-enduser needs.

??

i'm not sure that it's my job to "cooperate" with WHMCS - they're perfectly capable of deciding what their software does, or doesn't do, without any input from me.

I doubt the developers are sat at WHMCS Towers, really wanting to work on full IDN implementation, but unable to do so without my help! :)

if they aren't adding the feature (and haven't for years) it's either because they think there isn't enough demand for it; it's not a high priority or it too difficult/complicated to do.

i've seen Marco post many bug reports about IDN for years, and nearly always WHMCS deny that they are bugs... though for what it's worth, I tend to agree with Marco that they are bugs.

in any event, using standard whois you wouldn't want to change the lookup value beyond 10-15 - but if you're using the registrar for lookups (and Marco's addon has that option), then that might be irrelevant - I still suspect the limitation can be overwritten in base.js, but perhaps it's a limitation of the specific registrar API.

if you want to see what's possible with API lookups, take a look at the Hexonet demo link at the bottom of the following page - https://www.hexonet.net/software/whmcs-module - demo still seems to be using v6, but it looks faster that the usual WHMCS to me. :idea:

and for what it's worth, i've long considered WHMCS development, especially in terms of domains and TLDs, to be 2-3 years behind where it should be... e.g features we could/should have expected in 2014, we're just getting now... (though probably buggy)... and similarly, anything you think it should be doing now will be years away... that's just how WHMCS is and I accepted that a long time ago! :roll:

Any way thank you Brian for your time and for your help.!!!

no worries - I do what I can when time allows... but I do have my own businesses to run... and i'm currently working through a backlog of coding projects for clients! :roll:

Sorry for the delay to answer I thought so it was end,

i have the same opinion as yours that WHMCS are some years behind,

also I believe that they never act as client or seller or reseller so to know how it is or to search which are our needs, what fast or reliable etc. means,

also they don't care about their customers and what it's going to happen after an upgrade which is for us a nightmare..

and Thank you for your tips.