cron jobs fatal error after upgrade to 7.0.1 from 6.3.1 (Hostgator)

I've had WHMCS running fine on 6.3.1 for a while and I recently upgraded to 7.0.1. I did a full upgrade and I am a reseller through Hostgator (I know, I know...) Since then my cron jobs have been failing with the following error:

<br />

<b>Fatal error</b>: The file /home/defiler/whmcs_crons/cron.php cannot be decoded

by this version of the ionCube Loader.

If you are the administrator of this site

then please install the latest version of the ionCube Loader.

in <b>Unknown</b> on line <b>0</b><br />

So, after a lengthy chat with HostGator support, going through lvl 1, 2 then 3, I was told "From the provided cron above, it's using php, not a specific, so it looks to be calling the default php version on the server." Support claims the WHMCS cron.php is using PHP 5.2 instead of 5.6 even though I am telling it to use 5.6 on the crons DIR in cpanel.

I was also told "We would not be able to fix a cron job, you would need to reach out to WHMCS, I would advise trying with the php file path, but WHMCS should be able to confirm that. /opt/php56/lib would be the installation of php 5.6 for example."

I honestly don't know if this is bogus info or not but I guess I'm not understanding what is being told to me. I was under the impression it is due to the ioncube ver installed.

I've tried all versions of PHP on my crons DIR and I've tried uploading new files to my modules and includes DIRs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have not. I was hoping someone here recognized the issue and could give an answer quicker.

there's nothing wrong with that! :idea:

it's just that if you were hoping for WHMCS to reply, it would be quicker to open a ticket... if you'd posted when WHMCS was in beta or just launched, this place was swarming with WHMCS staff... but normal service has now been resumed and they've returned to their development/support bunkers, with only the odd one appearing now and again. :)

Hello IamDefiler,

Firstly, thanks for your post, as I mentioned in your other post you'll need to confirm the exact path to PHP 5.6 with HostGator and then add this to the start of your cron e.g /opt/php56/lib /home/defiler/whmcs_crons/cron.php

Regrettably, the default PHP configurations on HostGator are out of date

Thank you for the reply. I confirmed with HG the path to PHP5.6 and you were correct. I made the suggested change and now I get a message stating "No input file specified." I'm searching on this message but not finding anything in regards to my particular issue. Any ideas? Thanks again!

EDIT: Never mind. Found the issue and HG will not upgrade their ioncube ver due to shared reseller plan. Time to look for a new provider I guess.

Edited by IamDefiler