Boxbilling -> WHMCS

ExplorerVodka

Question

4 answers to this question

Preamble: I don't know anything about Boxbilling and I don't know if there's a sort of migration tool so let's assume that we have to make it manually.

You are asking for the easiest way here so here's my plan. Migrating clients, credits, products, domains etc. is a pretty standard process. Export all you have on Boxbilling in a spreadsheet, CSV, SQL or whatever you want. Make all the necessary changes to import your data in WHMCS via API and/or MySQL. Probably the quickest way is that you hire a WHMCS developer and let the magic begins. He/She will just ask you send him everything on a spreadsheet and complete this process in few minutes, hours or days depending on his skill level and other commitments. Now that you have all data in WHMCS, you could simply zip all the existing invoices you have on Boxbilling and upload them in the clientarea of every client so that they can still view and download old invoices. Alternatively you could simply leave the old system (Boxbilling) online for few months.

Edited by Kian

Hello,

WHMCS did recently create a module named ImportAssist:

https://marketplace.whmcs.com/product/46

But it doesn't support Boxbilling, likely as their user base isn't large enough yet.

It may be worth considering manually transfering the clients unless you could hire a developer to create a import script to assist with the migration.