Cart workflow for buying domain addons after purchase only?

stormy

Since I offer all 3 domain addons for free, I would like to come up with a cart workflow that allows for buying the domain addons after the customer has registered the domain. This way, there is one less thing to worry about during the purchase.

Any ideas?

It would be great if the configure domain addons page could appear in complete.tpl.

Since I offer all 3 domain addons for free, I would like to come up with a cart workflow that allows for buying the domain addons after the customer has registered the domain. This way, there is one less thing to worry about during the purchase.

but one more to worry about after purchase. :)

Any ideas?

It would be great if the configure domain addons page could appear in complete.tpl.

the cart process is what it is... you can tweak each of the steps a little, but you can't easily move functions around between them.

two thoughts...

1. if they're free to the customer, do you want to ask the customer whether they wish to purchase each of these addons or not ?

- if you do want to ask, then it's simpler to leave them where they are in the process. :)

- if you don't, and want them added to the order by default, it would be easier to modify configuredomains.tpl and change the three checkboxes into hidden fields... that way, they'll be passed to the cart and the customer won't be asked. :idea:

2. it's also important to remember that not all domain addons are available for each TLD... certainly DNS Management and Email Forwarding are dependent upon the registrar module - e.g you can't use them with Nominet - just because you can add the option during the order process, doesn't necessarily mean that it'll be functional in the client area!

also, ID Protection (Whois Privacy) is not available for all TLDs - the general rule is that it likely is for gTLDs, but not for ccTLDs... though there are exceptions to both... and as with the other two addons, just because you could say offer ID Protection with a .uk domain, that doesn't necessarily mean that it would work. :roll:

I think I could just hide the addons part in the cart, and then instruct customers to activate them in the client area, after the purchase. I'll have to consider it... :)

I suspect by having them already checked in the cart, they'll effectively be activated in the client area, if applicable to the registrar module, anyway...

that said, i'm not sure how your registrar might handle a domain registration order with ID Protection added, if the TLD being purchased doesn't support ID Protection - the registration may or may not occur... you'll have to test that with your registrar. :?:

Well, the boxes only appear if the addons are available for that particular TLD. And I plan on leaving the checkboxes unchecked anyway...

you mean leaving the three checkboxes in domain pricing unchecked? if so, problem solved - the customer won't be offered them! :idea:

lol that'd work - though if they're unchecked and hidden, you could just as easily delete the three {if} blocks from the template and forget about hiding them... shouldn't make any difference in the client area, as it will take whether the 3 options are available in domain pricing, to decide if they can be activated in the client area for a specific tld.

• 2 months later...

Hello brian

In our WHMCS version 7, we offer free DNS management. In the client area into the DNS Host Record Management Addon when first we disable the service and then we activate again because of it's a free service and the value is 0 and an error appeared.

foto2.jpg

Thank you for your help

Jordi

foto1.png