update WHMCS to v6

hello, sorry my english i´m spanish, and use google translate.

I am currently using whmcs 5.3.9 and want to spend the last update whmcs_v631_full , okay so ?, or should I go to another version ?, about the templates , I'm using the one CloudMe , would the old ?.

thanks.

• WHMCS Technical Analyst

Yes you can do that. You can always upgrade to the latest version of WHMCS, regardless of the current version you are running, by downloading and following the instructions for upgrading using the full release download from http://download.whmcs.com/

With your custom templates, you would need to apply to all the updates from each release between your current version and the latest to ensure they are fully up-to-date and compatible with all the latest features and changes. You should consult the release notes for each version for specific details on those: http://docs.whmcs.com/Release_Notes

If you encounter any problems, we're here to help!

-Eddy

Hello,

If you have a license directly from WHMCS, I would open up a support ticket and obtain a developer license from them. They can get you this at no cost.

Once you get this dev license squared away, then I would take the current DB, copy it to a new DB and test upgrades from there..

This is a much safer solution than just putting your site in maintenance mode, hoping all goes well.

5.3.9 -> 6.3.1 shouldn't be a problem, but with custom templates, hooks, addons, yeah, you want to be 100% sure this will work before just throwing it into your site.