Action hook on domain delete

Thembi

Hi all :)

i would like to ask.

is it possible to have an action hook on domain delete in the admin panel .

example

In my admin panel i want to delete .com , i am no longer providing that domain. Now i need an action hook that will happen on delete (when ever i delete that domain i want to get its id adn the domain/extension

help please people

can you expand a little more upon what you are wanting to do ??

if you no longer want to offer .com domains in the future, you can remove it from Domain Pricing and that will prevent future orders for them...

but i'm unsure as to why you need this hook for existing domains with regards to deleting them. :?:

@brian scenario "when ever i delete a tld in domain pricing i should get notification sent to my loyal clients". so i need to know when that event is triggered "tld Delete" so that i can send messages to my client.

@twhiting9275 thats not what im looking for, that when is for deleting customer domain not deleting a tld that i provide :) thanx though

@brian scenario "when ever i delete a tld in domain pricing i should get notification sent to my loyal clients". so i need to know when that event is triggered "tld Delete" so that i can send messages to my client.

so you're manually deleting a TLD, but you need WHMCS to tell you that you've just deleted a TLD, so that you can then contact your clients - couldn't you tell yourself what you've just done?!? :lol:

seriously though, I think this is probably more suited for Service Offers & Requests where you can pay for a custom hook to be written that can, if you wish, email your clients upon the deletion of a TLD... or perhaps only email clients who specifically have that TLD with you - though I would suspect their future renewals would be unaffected by the removal of the TLD.

I suppose if you wanted to do the whole process manually, you could delete the TLD and then use the Mass Mail option to let all the clients know.

lol maybe i didnt explain properly i just didn`t want to disclose my sites features as is still under development. on the lending page index.php i am advertising 4 tld`s which and their prices , i am pulling those tld`s from a separate db . Why i need the hook ? . whenever i delete the tld in whmcs admin panel that hook needs to go and delete the same tld in my database . I hope that`s clear

I was making an example with the email scenario clearly it was a bad one :)

- - - Updated - - -

i just need to know when that delete event is triggered and what tld is deleted so i can go and look for it in my db and delete it also

lol maybe i didnt explain properly i just didn`t want to disclose my sites features as is still under development. on the lending page index.php i am advertising 4 tld`s which and their prices , i am pulling those tld`s from a separate db . Why i need the hook ? . whenever i delete the tld in whmcs admin panel that hook needs to go and delete the same tld in my database . I hope that`s clear

I was making an example with the email scenario clearly it was a bad one :)[/php]

ok, that makes more sense. :)

although I still think it's more suited for Service Offers & Requests - especially if it has to interact with an external database... though if we're only talking about upto 4 TLDs, i'd be tempted to just do it manually.

couldn't you pull the TLDs and their prices from the WHMCS database using Data Feeds instead and avoid the need for this hook to be written ? if you did that, then the output would change as soon as you remove the TLD from WHMCS.

The reason i am using my own db i want to control which 4 tld's to advertise , i am using whmcs database to pull the information about these tlds and if information is updated about a tld in admin panel it show in the client side, no need for a data feed because i dont want to constantly interact with code every time i want to change the tld`s to advertise , I advertise 4 tlds not randomly, but i have to decide which ones to advertise

An action hook would be wonderful for this feature since i will be feeding the hook with information from another db which will be populated via a content management site

is not possible to write one , for event Delete on tld ?

- - - Updated - - -

manually wouldn`t work

I need something i can control easily if i can control a data feed then thats fine , if i can tell it i need .com,.net,.za , .coce then it pulls exacly that the i would love to use one drop the hook.

if you could help me with one brian

- - - Updated - - -

then i will have to manually delete it my self

@sentq no it wont work i need full control of wh tld to display

good lord, how much more control do you need than being able to specify the TLD in the URL ?

can't you do it the other way and pull which 4 TLDs you're wanting to link to from the other db and use that value in the feed URLs ?

it feels like you're over-complicating the solution... either that, or we're all missing the point of what exactly you're trying to do.

as sentq says, they can be customised - and it's going to be much easier to do that than use your mythical hook.

You could ...

* have whatever is using the non-whmcs database read the current tlds from the whcms db

* syncronise the table contents with something like http://codeinthehole.com/writing/how-to-sync-a-mysql-table-between-two-remote-databases/

* use the admin page load hook and check the data yourself

* rethink the requirement to use feeds

etc

Lots of ways to achieve it, or just get a developer to do it for you :)