Anything I change in NavBarLinks.php not having an effect

In the past, I have been able to add / remove menu items from NavBarLinks.php without any problem. But for last few days, anything I change in NavBarLinks.php is not having any effect and my navigation bar remains the same. I tried by opening webpages in different computers (assuming problem was with caching) but still no effect.

As a simple test, if I just change:

$navItem->setUri('web_hosting.php');

to

$navItem->setUri('web_hosting2.php');

then the navigation bar link on my pages stays web_hosting.php

Would appreciate if someone can share his / her experience or if there is a workaround.

what is the content of NavBarLinks.php is? and what you are trying to do but not performed?

NavBarLinks.php is the hook for Navigation bar links (Home, Hosting, Domains, Support etc). I think it comes standard with whmcs. Previously, I had made changes such as removing Contact Us from the menu bar or removing links to VPS Hosting / Dedicated Hosting (since I do not offer them). Right now I am trying to remove Home link by inserting the foll. code:

if (!is_null($primaryNavbar->removeChild('Home'))) {}

but its not having any effect!

NavBarLinks.php is the hook for Navigation bar links (Home, Hosting, Domains, Support etc). I think it comes standard with whmcs.

it's not ringing any bells with me (nor Google) as being standard to WHMCS - it must be a custom hook from somewhere...

it will definitely be useful to see the code within NavBarLinks.php :)

it's not ringing any bells with me (nor Google) as being standard to WHMCS - it must be a custom hook from somewhere...

it will definitely be useful to see the code within NavBarLinks.php :)

The problem was I had archived versions of NavBarLinks.php (such as NavBarLinks_July012016.php) in the hooks folder. Once I removed all the archived versions from the hooks folder, my changes start to get reflected.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem was I had archived versions of NavBarLinks.php (such as NavBarLinks_July012016.php) in the hooks folder. Once I removed all the archived versions from the hooks folder, my changes start to get reflected.

Edited by nocontrols