Domain suggestion tool not working

neaweb6

I am using ResellerClub to register and renew domain names. I setup everything in WHMCS and was even able to import domains and accounts from my resellerclub account. The domain suggestion tool isn't working, however. I imported over 100 domains and I keep getting a 500 error.

I also registered for an eNom account and switched everything over to eNom. I still get the same result. What could be causing this?

Thanks!

I am using ResellerClub to register and renew domain names. I setup everything in WHMCS and was even able to import domains and accounts from my resellerclub account. The domain suggestion tool isn't working, however. I imported over 100 domains and I keep getting a 500 error.

when you say the name suggestion tool, do you mean NameSpinner. :?:

http://docs.whmcs.com/Domain_Namespinning

but that only works with eNom...

there is a free third-party addon for resellerclub users, which I know can be used to import TLDs and has a domain suggestion feature...

http://www.whmcs.com/appstore/329/FREE-ResellerClub-Tools-v2.html

but in order to use their domain suggestion tool, I think you need to modify the templates as detailed in their installation instructions.

however, the latest version of the free addon was released before WHMCS v6.3, so it may not necessarily be compatible with it yet.

I am using the standard WHOIS lookup option for the domain search tool. Every time I search for a domain that I know is available, it tells me that it's not available and it doesn't give any other options for other tlds. If I enter in a tld that isn't in my system, then it will show the domain as available. Capture2.PNG

Capture.PNG

difficult to say without being able to see the website - might be worth opening a ticket with support... perhaps it's a template edit causing this, maybe an addon or corrupt whoisservers file... i've seen this occur previously when you do too many searches quickly and it displays the wrong answer (caching error).

have you tried to reproduce it on the WHMCS demo site - that's often a good test to see if it's a bug or an issue with your setup... though the demo isn't currently using the latest version.

• 1 year later...

I don't get any results at all...

The Domain Spinner starts and says generating names but then everything stops and there are no suggestions at all.

I have WHMCS 7.3, PHP7.0 using WhoIs lookup and my Registrar is TPP Wholesale. Whois logs show the lookup is working but the results are not displayed.

any ideas?

give it a try... http://www.redhot.com.au/webhost/cart.php?a=add&domain=register&query=westwebz.com

Thanks in advance

Hi Nick,

What is the module log reporting, I can't really pull anything from the link as it loads blank indicating theres a likely block somewhere, its the back end that shows the errors that's what you need to be looking at.

WHOIS Lookup uses the default lookup servers listed  in the WHOIS files  could you check your server error logs for any errors

eNom, on the other hand, requires a username and password and your IP to be whitelisted with them

Nick,

3 hours ago, OzNick said:

I don't get any results at all...

it might help (or confuse the matter further!) to know that your site's domain registration page works fine when using the Modern orderform template...

http://www.redhot.com.au/webhost/cart.php?a=add&domain=register&carttpl=modern

FMveIib.png

so i'd be tempted to reupload the standard_cart templates again from the full v7.3.0 release... or perhaps test the site using PHP 5.6 - just to rule out it being caused by a PHP 7 issue.

1 hour ago, OzNick said:

Where/how to enable that template?

setup -> general settings -> ordering -> default order form template -> modern

58 minutes ago, OzNick said:

I rolled back to PHP 5.6 and yep everything ok.

Not working on PHP  7.0 or 7.1 for future reference.

my v7.3 dev works in PHP7 (including the domain reg page using standard_cart), but even with only one TLD added to pricing, a domain search is painfully slow... switch it to PHP5.6 and it's lightning fast... I tend to keep it set to use 5.6 for that reason. :idea: