adding text to PDF Invoices

easyhosting

Hi

I have some clients who are paying via bank transfer and apart from when they make the official order they are not given my bank details per invoice.

How can I add my bank details to the bottom of the PDF invoice just after the table.

i have tried by all that happens is the PDF invoices stop working or opening.

We use the following code:

if ($status=="Unpaid") {

$pdf->SetFont($pdfFont,'B',10);
$pdf->Cell(0,4,"Payment Method: ".$paymentmethod,0,1);

$pdf->SetFont('pdfFont','',10);

if ($paymentmethod=="Direct Deposit") { // The "visible name" of the payment method
	$pdf->Ln();
	$pdf->Cell(0,0,"Bank: Bank Name",0,1,'L','0');
	$pdf->Cell(0,0,"Payee Name: Payee Name",0,1,'L','0');
	$pdf->Cell(0,0,"BSB: BSB Number",0,1,'L','0');
	$pdf->Cell(0,0,"Account Number: Account Number",0,1,'L','0');
	$pdf->Ln();
	$pdf->Cell(0,0,"Please use the invoice number as a payment reference. No other remittance advice is required.",0,1,'L','0');
}

}

if it were me, i'd just add it using html - fpdf is fine and will work, but for most users, they'll probably find html easier to understand and modify...

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?89574-How-to-Add-Payment-Details-to-your-WHMCS-PDF-Invoices&p=393683#post393683

that html one does not work i just set a server error notice when opening a PDF invoice

that html one does not work i just set a server error notice when opening a PDF invoice

really?

I just pasted it into our v6.2.2 dev after the transactions table and it works fine... I suppose technically the old references to 'Helvetica' should be changed to $pdfFont for v6, but other than that...

the point being that invoicepdf.tpl already uses multiple html tables to display the description, prices, transactions etc - so adding another one shouldn't cause a server issue.

really?

I just pasted it into our v6.2.2 dev after the transactions table and it works fine... I suppose technically the old references to 'Helvetica' should be changed to $pdfFont for v6, but other than that...

the point being that invoicepdf.tpl already uses multiple html tables to display the description, prices, transactions etc - so adding another one shouldn't cause a server issue.

Hi

old references to 'Helvetica' must have been the cause as i changed it too $pdfFont and it works

really?

Now it seems to move over to 2 pages

pdf.jpg

Now it seems to move over to 2 pages

that's the nature of the beast of adding more information to the invoice - especially if it contains an order for multiple different products which will take up more space on the page.

what I would suggest is that you use some IF statements to only show particular sections depending on the invoice status ($status).

for example, if an invoice is unpaid, there is no point in showing the transactions table because it will be blank - so for unpaid invoices, it makes more sense to show the payment methods... and oppositely, for invoices that have been paid, there's no point including the payment information - but more useful to show the transactions table.

that will allow you to utilise the page space more effectively.