How does it all fit together?

nzcam

Question

Hello,

Im looking to purchase WHMCS, but i have a few questions. Firstly, here is my plan.

I want to use Solus VM. Wordpress (mega host theme) and WHMCS, WHMCS Bridge module and the WHMCS SolusVM module.

i guess my key question is,

Can WHMCS be on the same server?

If so, do I install Wordpress first and then install WHMCS into a separate folder ?

are there any complications when moving to new versions by having them on the same box?

Cheers

Cam

1 answer to this question

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

WHMCS can indeed be installed on the same box, however for security reasons you might want top keep your sensitive client data separate or at-least on a different user.

WHMCS doesn't officially integrate with Wordpress, so updating one wouldn't affect the other. Typically one would add links to your Wordpress template to the shopping cart and client area login pages which WHMCS creates for you, so clients can place orders and manage their accounts.

When an order is placed and paid, WHMCS will send a 'create' command to the SolusVM server.