Cannot Upgrade/Downgrade because the product is overdue on payment

LukeDouglas

I am having this issue on a few accounts. There is a zero balance. All invoices are marked paid and I have checked to manually mark as paid. Yet I can't upgrade an account as it says the product is overdue on payment.

I have seen several people having this issue. Can anyone tell me how I can simply upgrade no matter IF the account has a balance and/or any unpaid invoices?

I tested this. I changed one of the services next due date to an old date and got the error message. I changed the next due date to a future date and it allowed the upgrade. Thanks for the workaround but, to be honest, this shouldn't be an issue with an older due date. Example: I want to go back and change the billing for a monthly client to a quarterly client by deleted two previous invoices with the oldest due date being 11/01/2015 and then setting up a quarterly billing for a next due date of 11/01/2015. I couldn't do it because of the next due date. So to work around I guess I would have to change the due date to a future date, do the upgrade and then go back to change the next due date to 11/01/2015. That should work but it's cumbersome. :mad:

WHMCS John,

If I want to upgrade one of my clients who might be behind on their bill, that is my business, not WHMCS. Now you might think this is stupid because of "unscrupulous users" who might avoid paying their renewal invoice. If the WHMCS team feels this is an absolute necessity and they won't bulge from their position, then block this from the client end NOT from the admin end. As the administrator and owner, these are my accounts and I should have the last word on what I want to do with a clients account.

At least I know of a work-around but it's the incorrect position by WHMCS.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

The features we develop are based upon user feedback, and the feedback received from users was that such a situation was undesirable and it should be blocked. Therefore we responded. If there is sufficient traction in the other direction it's certainly something we can revisit in future.

• 8 years later...
On 1/11/2016 at 10:21 AM, WHMCS John said:

Hi,

The features we develop are based upon user feedback, and the feedback received from users was that such a situation was undesirable and it should be blocked. Therefore we responded. If there is sufficient traction in the other direction it's certainly something we can revisit in future.

Yeah, this is pretty annoying. Maybe there can just be a "Warning", so we have the opportunity to continue. I need to upgrade a client who is past due and it makes for an awkward situation because we now have to make adjustments to his order to allow it, leaving room for errors.