Curl Error - couldn't connect to host (7)

reds

• 1 month later...

The most common issue is a firewall blocking outgoing connections on port 2086 and 2087.

I know I had an issue where whmcs would attempt to connect on the non-secure port (2086) even if the Secure Connection was checked in the configurations. Matt gave me a new cpanel.php file to correct this.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I am getting this error too and I have checked to make sure that ioncube was enabled and it is. I even tried to do it using my cPanel username and password as well as my cPanel username and remote access key. Still won't work. I am checking in with my hosting support now to see if there is any firewalls blocking the 2086 ports.

Any other suggestions I could make to my tech support?

Thanks Much,

Ron S.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

im getting this error as well after I did an upgrade to v5.1 for a client.... its not the firewall and my user/pass/access hash are all correct. What else could it be?

I dont know if it was related to me upgrading whmcs or not but it was working then just started giving me an error out of nowhere. ?!?!

I had this issue on 2/1 but not with creating accounts in cPanel. This error came up on a maxmind connection.

On the order details page it showed this:

Fraud Check Results

Curl Error connect() timed out!

I had other orders after and it didn't have that. Possible Maxmind was down maybe?

• 1 month later...

Hi, im having this same issue since i did a server upgrade. I talk it from the comments above that it is an issue caused by the latest version of cpanel.

Currently running on :

WHM 11.15.0 cPanel 11.18.3-R21703

CENTOS Enterprise 4.6 i686 on standard - WHM X v3.1.0

Does any one know if there will be a fix soon? cant signup any new clients atm.

Thanks

Noise Hosting

Hey Matt

Would you be able to tell me what remote host and port the script attempts to connect to?

Or where can i get this info, cus the server techs asked me the above info.

Im still having the Curl Error - couldn't connect to host (7) issue when creating new account on cpanel.

Thanks

getting this reply from my server tech

Port 2086 is the port commonly used for WebHostManager HTTP so this would seem unlikely. I tested the curl binary from root shell and it appeared to be functioning correctly. WHMCS is 3rd party software and not something we provide support for directly. I would suggest you open a support request from them so they can identify any server issues, if present, and then we will assist you in correcting any identified server issues. Currently I see nothing wrong with CURL however I am not able to test the connection that WHMCS is attempting because I do not have the remote host or port number it is connecting to. If you have any questions or issues regarding this matter please let us know and we'll be happy to assist you.