Curl Error - couldn't connect to host (7)

reds

• 4 weeks later...

One of our resellers also had this issue today and I've just added the IP of his remote reseller account(at another host) to our configserver firewall and problem went away. I did not began to open only a few port like 2086 and 2087 since I know the other host have excellent secure servers and issue needed to be fix right away!

The error was: Server Command Error

spacer.gifAccount Creation Failed: Curl Error - couldn't connect to host (7)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

No point contacting support. All they tell you to do is open the ports for cpanel in your firewall. This is obviously NOT the problem as anyone with common sense does this when they install a firewall.

WHMCS has been working no problem up until now, nothing has changed on the client area server or the shared accounts server, so dont try pinning it on us.

I would say it is either something that the new whmcs update has caused or a cpanel update has messed something up.

JM2C

With in the last 2 Months we have had this same issue / battle with clients WHMCS installs. After reading this today. I can say there are 3 fixes that every one should try.

I have YET to see this as a firewall issue blocking ports.

These are the things that I have did to fix clients installs so they work.

1) White list the IP on servers

2) Redo the HASH Key WHM : Never use the first Key Listed always re generate a new one.

3) Tick the "Use SSL"

Jason

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Can anyone please help? I have just installed whmcs and tried to create an account myself as a client. Everything went fine until I received a system email ***Error: (Curl Error) Couldn't resolve host '' - code: 6***

Could someone please tell me where I've gone wrong? The only thing I can think of is that the domain name I used was already registered and parked on another server. However, shouldn't whmcs have created the account anyway? Please help?

• 2 months later...
With in the last 2 Months we have had this same issue / battle with clients WHMCS installs. After reading this today. I can say there are 3 fixes that every one should try.

I have YET to see this as a firewall issue blocking ports.

These are the things that I have did to fix clients installs so they work.

1) White list the IP on servers

2) Redo the HASH Key WHM : Never use the first Key Listed always re generate a new one.

3) Tick the "Use SSL"

Jason

I had same problem.

Just did steps 2 and 3 and problem was solved.

thanks

• 4 months later...