different tax rates

dmcfull

Hi, I'm trying to setup 2 different tax rates for invoicing or quoting, but can't seem to find a way to do it. It always use the first tax rule and doesn't let me choose either in product or when manual invoicing.

Here we have 21% tax rate for most products/services, and a special 10,5% for certain products, so I need to setup such rate either in the product or manually before confirming the quote or invoice, but can't seem to find either in whmcs. Any hints on how to do it? I've seen several unanswered posts in the forum on this issue.

I also opened a support ticket several days ago but no response from whmcs.

Thanks!

so you're not compounding the tax rates? product 1 is taxed at 21% and product 2 is taxed at 10.5% ?

i'm not sure you can do that out of the box in WHMCS - you might need a custom addon, or possibly you could do it with a customised quote/invoice template...

hmm.. thinking about this further overnight, modifying the templates is probably not the way to go as this is more than a cosmetic change, at the end there will/might be an order and so that has financial implications that modifying the templates would only mask.

if I were you, i'd contact Kian - he wrote a billing extension module and knows a lot about WHMCS and taxes.

as it stands now, I don't think that module will do what you need, but he'd be the first person i'd ask about it - unless you want to post in Marketplace for other developers to quote for a solution.

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?97886-Billing-Extension

Edited by brian!

Thank you for the assist Brian.

It's pretty doable and as always I'd love to add this feature in my module. dmcfull could you please describe in detail what you need? I was thinking about replicating the entire Products/Services page and allow you to define a specific tax rate for every single product/service. Let me know.

• 6 years later...
  • 9 months later...
On 4/24/2023 at 9:23 AM, domainbaazar said:

Looking for a solution to apply different tax rate for each product.

I guess I know the craziest tax system in the world... but I can't even imagine a tax system so crazy to use different tax rates for every single product.
What country (or hell) in the world has such a system?