Notice: Undefined property: Smarty::$_tpl_vars

probo

Notice: Undefined property: Smarty::$_tpl_vars in /home/---/public_html/client/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 738

Need help , Billing system is down first time in 8 years :(

Please help!

Notice: Undefined property: Smarty::$_tpl_vars in /home/---/public_html/client/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 738

Need help , Billing system is down first time in 8 years :(

Please help!

facing the same error. I submitted a ticket as well, i will update this one incase i should get an answer first :)

WHMCS version 6 has upgraded the Smarty template system to version 3. Smarty no longer allows $_tpl_vars for getting variables from templates. You have to use the command vagastorm mentioned. You should have read the WHMCS version 6 release notes, which mentions this, and tested before upgrading your live production system.

Same here Installed, changed the template to the Six template with no modifications. Still get the error.

Notice: Undefined property: WHMCS\Smarty::$_tpl_vars in /home/bluerayc/public_html/brclient/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 738

So you get this error on a new clean install (not an upgrade)? I recently did a new install, and haven't seen this error.

No this is an upgrade. But the Six template hasnt been modified. Or is this dealing with another file somewhere that was modified?

No issues on the admin side only the client side regardless template used.

It could be coming from a template file within an addon.

WHMCS fixed this error for me, but now client area gives out this

Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /home/nicedayh/public_html/clients/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/SmartyBC.class.php(464) : eval()'d code on line 1

so waiting for a reply to my updated ticket

mine was a cart.php under /includes/hooks it was encrypted so i mistook it for being one of WHMCS's files, but it was a 3rd party hook we used, that seems to be useless right now.

After removing that file ( as it was impossible to edit it ) the problem was resolved.

mine was a cart.php under /includes/hooks it was encrypted so i mistook it for being one of WHMCS's files, but it was a 3rd party hook we used, that seems to be useless right now.

After removing that file ( as it was impossible to edit it ) the problem was resolved.

also had that, but knew it was not a WHMCS file, that helped by removing it and the devs for that addon are working on a V 6 upgrade, but now get the the current error with all 3rd parky addons/hooks disabled

WHMCS fixed this error for me, but now client area gives out this

Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /home/nicedayh/public_html/clients/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/SmartyBC.class.php(464) : eval()'d code on line 1

so waiting for a reply to my updated ticket

how to fix the error?

how to fix the error?

no idea i reverted back to 5.3.14 then checked all modules/hooked worked with WHMCS 6, then upgraded back to 6. now clientarea.php just shows the ' powered by WHMsolutions' and nothing else.

so going to try upgrading without custom templates to see what happens

Well, i dont have any changes in template but still error.

Do you have any modules installed? Some modules use the older Smarty syntax, and will need to be updated to work with version 6.

- - - Updated - - -

So this is not correct I think, some modules use old smarty syntax right?

Correct. It appears version 6 is breaking a lot of the modules we use. If they are ones we own, we need to update them. If they are ones we purchased, we need to wait for the developers to release updates.

• 3 months later...