As admin, how to change billing cycle before current invoice paid?

blakeh

Preface: We don't have WHMCS as a public facing order system, it's used by us as admins to manage our client services.

I've run into this a couple of times: Bill customer for monthly service, they ask for invoice to be change to yearly. I edit invoice and have to watch for the payment to make sure the dates advance correctly. Sometimes the next bill cycle generates before the current 'edited' invoice is paid.

2nd scenario: Billed customer for monthly, they will pay, but want next invoice switched to annual cycle. Trying to figure out how to set that, and what happens if next invoice generates before payment is received.

If I edit the service to a new due date and cycle, what happens when old invoice is paid?

In other words, what info ties between the invoice, and the service?

I'd like some direction on how to handle this scenario easily from a procedural standpoint, that doesn't have the client getting lots of extra wrong invoices. Normally this only happens when we setup a new client on monthly and they decide later to go to yearly.

Thanks.

bh

Thank you, that was helpful.

In the current scenario, I've already sent them the invoice and there were extra billable items on it, so I don't think I'm going to cancel the current invoice to reset the cycle, but this helped with dealing with it down the road and the consolidating different items for a same invoice was very helpful.

One question. Say I do that with a bunch of items, but the domain sync runs. Will domain sync due date override the due date we've set to consolidate?

bh

• 5 years later...