Custom Billing Issue

danmeanock

Hi all,

I am new to this system but am proficient in all other cms's so not clueless

So what i am trying to do to -

have a product that is a recurring monthly payment payment (e.g. £15 per month indefinitely) but what i want is for them to initially pay the first (4 months on one product and 3 months for others) upfront.

so just to clarify :

They purchase product 1 in january thats £15 per month

so in january they pay £75 (4 months upfront) then they don't pay anything until May at which time they will pay £15 (for junes service) and then £15 every month there after..

I have been told web hooks may do this, i have already tried to use promotions but i just can't make it work acceptably.

Thanks in advance for your time all.

Regards

Dan Meanock

Dpm Web Design Ltd

You could use a combination of the setup fee and a hook.

Using your example, the setup of fee would be £75 and then using a hook you would set the next due date for 4 months down the track. There are handful of readers in these forums that are great with hooks so hopefully one of them will spot this thread and help out.

you might be able to do it without a hook... e.g follow Damo's suggestion and use a setup fee to get the initial amount (4 months), and use a 100% recurring promotion to discount the monthly amount to zero for the first four months (enable recur and set to 3) - then after the four months, the invoices will start generating for the full amount (£15).

i'm not sure when you say 3 months for others whether that's 3 months if they have Product 1, or just 3 months for products other than Product 1 - if it's the latter, then it's just another promotion using the same method.