Fraud False Alert

cyb3root

Question

Hello Staff

I have a frustrating issue here. I registered for a license however Max mind deems me to be a fraud since i was using a credit card for my payment. However i tried to then purchase from my PayPal and still the same thing. i believe this is an error fraud alert.

I sent my first ticket even before the working hours had ended and did not get a solution or any staff to sort me out. Is this a kind of service i am welcomed for?

A live Chat would be really appropriate to sort out things faster. I could bet some other people wouldn't have enough patience like me and would just go for another billing software.

6 answers to this question

Yeah, there are numerous factors that MaxMind checks and it "scores" you. If your score is above a certain number your order gets flagged.

The best thing to do is simply create a ticket with some form of photo ID to verify your details. They should get back to you soon but the best thing you can do is wait it out.

The same thing happened to me. I'd really like to test this out on my site ASAP but it seems to take a while to get a response from anyone. If the support is this slow BEFORE sales, I can imagine what it's going to be like AFTER they already have my money. Not quite sure I want to continue with this software.

On another note, I see why it flagged me as fraud. It showed "my IP" which was NOT my IP. The issue was, the IP it thought was mine actually was a CloudFlare IP. Apparently the order form is using CloudFlare services causing false IPs to show up since it's a third party. That's making me look like I am somewhere I'm not thus declining my credit card and flagging me as fraud. Not cool for sales.